Lucid Dreaming

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by Morbid_Angel, Jun 4, 2008.

1. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

Person to person??
    Dreams exist in your subconscious mind.. you can not control that. And i will not believe anyone who says they can sit there and control what they dream about and how and when it happens.
    The minute you become in control of your thoughts-you've entered your conscious mind. And thats a different area of discussion. Thats not dreaming.

2. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

3. Morbid_Angel

Morbid_Angel Sid the sloth

@Petunia
    I know, it's definitely not as easy as i have been putting it because i've been trying this for 6 months or perhaps more now. I can still only control only 50% of my dreams since the methods I use do not always work effectively.

And yes, as bjr said, it does differ from person to person. For some people, lucid dreaming is almost impossible while for others it comes naturally. =)

4. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

ok.
    @bjr: i know what youre talking about. but i wasnt referring to lucid dreaming.
    i was under the impression that..

@morbid: you were talking about normal dreams.. you switch i believe..
    perhaps i was mistaken as to what you were talking about. lucid dreams are different, i know..thats when you are conscious..but normal dreams..when you ARE NOT aware of your state is not controllable..how can you switch back and forth? thats impossible.

5. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

ah, now I know what you're talking about. However, this is something where calling bullshit just wont work.

I mean if I call work and say I wont show up because I've got a tummy ache, they may think I'm lying but they can't know. hmm...but if I say i've got loose motions, they just might want to check ^_^

6. Morbid_Angel

When you experience it, you'll know. Switching back and forth really happens very often. In a non-lucid state, you realize it's a dream but then maintaining the lucidity is pretty hard so you go back to the normal dream, and the cycle continues.

7. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

Experience a lucid dream?? .. I have, a few times. But its nothing I think i can ever be in control of..:|
    How can you be consciously switching back and forth?
    God now..Im just confused.

@bjr: what are you talking about?

8. Morbid_Angel

It's not conscious shifting, it's random (sometimes controlled) shifting between them :p

9. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I DON'T KNOW :(

10. taxyse

taxyse t3h.

oh i had one today... i even tried to spin ... but then mom woke me up ..bleh
    but it was weird... in the dream i thought that im awake,just lying down and trying to have a lucid dream... i did spin a couple of times though

11. abhishek999

abhishek999 New Member

abhishek999

it's quite problematic every single second i have to make an effort to stop lucid dreaming while studying.its good also coz i can enjoy everything i want in my life.virtually.and i continue with the same dream everyday.its kinda daily dose of new episodes.

12. Morbid_Angel

how do you lucid dream while studying?? :S

13. abhishek999

abhishek999 New Member

morbid angel

i have it. i wanna have it but i have to quit it for my studies.i dont only dream while lying but anytime anywhere i switch on my imaginative tv serials.
    i have low concentration in studies but i dont let it affect my studies.can u how can i leave this forever because it is dreaming at its height dreaming everytime makes it hard to do any work.but it rocks.one thing is good there i never feel bored.

14. elfascinating

elfascinating risqué

Lol @ the missing the vows thing.

15. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

sheeshhh!
    thats so crazy...so surreal.lol

16. SqueakM9

SqueakM9 mumble

does living in a daze count???
    coz im in a kinda perminent daze...
    wait...
    or is that stupour???

17. Morbid_Angel

it definitely doesn't count. you probably do drugs :p

18. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

*ding*

:)

19. Morbid_Angel

your replies are getting shorter with time. why? :S

20. haunting

haunting sully

not just a day dreamer every kinda dreamer he is.