Lucid Dreaming

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by Morbid_Angel, Jun 4, 2008.

1. Morbid_Angel

Morbid_Angel Sid the sloth

yes, that works too ^^.

does anyone here use special techniques for lucid dreaming?

2. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

How about masturbating while dreaming?

3. Shashank007

Shashank007 Extremist

:think: ...................................great!!!

4. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

If you were in control of your dream you would still masturbate in it?

5. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Narcissist would.

6. Morbid_Angel

^Very true. Hard to find such extreme narcissism though.

7. Shashank007

Shashank007 Extremist

lol........waht else........

Is waking unconsciously at night....anywhere related to lucid dreaming...means that when r having a lucid dream our mind is half conscious an if in the dream we r walking then our conscious mind stimulates our leg muscles to walk......

i think u understood waht i mean to say

8. Morbid_Angel

that's not possible. there is something called sleep paralysis which occurs to our body just before we enter REM (dream) sleep. This paralyzes the body and erases any chance of movement that we perform in dreams to occur in real life.

and if you're referring to sleepwalking, it is completely different and occurs before REM sleep, not during.

this reminds me of what some indian said on a dream community. he said something like "if we can fly in our dreams when we are lucid, we can convert this dream into reality and fly in real life as well. we should keep thinking and try everything out before we can dismiss a certain idea.."
    l.o.l.

9. elfascinating

elfascinating risqué

I didn't read it in depth though but I think I experienced it last night.

I was supposed to be on the field for practice at 7. I realized in the morning that I'm getting late but I chose to lie down and imagined what it must be like on the field (play has started and all) and after half hour at 7:30 I woke up and learned that it's actually 7:30 n I'm late.

I am sure I wasn't awake but at the same time I knew that I'm getting late.

Does this count?

10. Shashank007

Shashank007 Extremist

no when u realised u were getting late u were not actually asleep...your body clock raised an alarm...but u forced ur mind to be sleep again..thats it...it doesn't count

11. Morbid_Angel

You probably went into first stage sleep, or where you saw very vivid hypnagogic imagery which made everything appear so real. so you hadn't really fallen asleep but in a sort of conscious day dream. it doesn't really count but it's still cool i think ^^

12. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

This is prolly a little off topic, but i have this aunt whose experiences with dreams are like watching movies. She can wake up in the middle of night, get a glass of water, make herself a sandwich and go back to sleep and continue the same dream..(while she was up her dream didnt stop..it just kept going, almost like a movie would if you forgot to pause it)

13. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

That is probably the weirdest thing I've heard....I've had continous dreams like that (or at least thats what if feels like sometimes) but not without a pause...

14. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

Tell me about it. She once told me about this dream she had where she was at a wedding and got up for water, *in the dream they were just about to say the vows when for some reason she had to walk out the hall/room*...she gets her water, goes to the bathroom and lies back down. And falls asleep into the same dream..everything is exactly the same...she's back in the same room..and but she's missed the vows, and people are congratulating the newly weds and heading out into the other sections to grab bites to eat.
    I mean..its bogus. She can just go back to dreaming like she's watching a movie. In fact the time frames match up too!!

15. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I sleepwalk and my dreams continue into the walking part. That's about the weirdest thing with me. I've often woken up standing in the kitchen or bathroom or my parents bedroom and even outside.

16. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

I dont know if its lucid dreamong or not, but at times i realize that i am in a dream i can seem to wake up from it, like i am trapped im a dream.....

But i dont have any visual recollection of that state just a recollection the strain trying to wake up....

17. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

I've sleepwalked a a few times too...but can remember walking and every action that i did...

18. Morbid_Angel

@Ambush
    If you remember, it's not sleepwalking.

And continuing the same dream after waking up is rather simple, I've done it quite a few times myself. It also helps to turn it into a lucid dream as you can take the same dream again as a sign.

19. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

Morbid: i cant help but read your posts with a little skepticism. If controlling dreams was this simple..there would have been quite a few differences in this world. For one, we'd all pick and choose what we wanted to dream about.

20. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Maybe it's a person to person thing? I see where you're coming from on this but the subject might well be...um, rather subjective.

I wouldn't like to be able to choose what I dream about....life would be so much less random that way.