Looking to buy an electric guitar, budget 25k

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by arpit_phd, Sep 10, 2009.

1. arpit_phd

arpit_phd New Member

I am looking to buy an electric guitar.Budget is around RS25000,but I can increase a little.I dont play metal,thrash or jazz.but I play soft rock,hard rock,country and blues.A strat is fine but its does not do hard rock very well.But if it can,then which pedal/processor[the cheapest one]will be needed? I want a new guitar,but a good condition used will do.I am in Patna,Bihar and there are no shops here,so suggest a place to buy.However I can travel to Calcutta to buy.

2. distorted

distorted satan

I suppose a greg benett will be good... AV6 or torino... And a fender strat can do some hard rock... Wt u need to do is set up the eq properly on yr amp...

3. flood

flood New Member

distorted, my man! you've started abbreviating less! thank you! :D

4. metalmickey

metalmickey New Member

***bump***

5. distorted

distorted satan

@flood: you are welcome????
    @micky: bump??? Just to increase yr post count??

6. arpit_phd

arpit_phd New Member

Hey guys can you come to the point and suggest a good piece.Brands I prefer are-fender,squire,ibanez,epiphone.

7. metalmickey

metalmickey New Member

8. metalmickey

metalmickey New Member

leave squire out of the options!!.....check out ibanez and jackson......there aint much epiphone's in india!!.......

9. arpit_phd

arpit_phd New Member

Hey metalmickey,onstage.in dosent have variety.Bajaao is fine.But suggest a good model/manufacturer.

10. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

I would strongly recommend looking at Yamaha Pacifica 112V or 112J(SSH)..don't go for the 012.You could try out a few RGX series guitars too. These Yamahas are known to provide great quality and playability at an affordable price.

11. metalmickey

metalmickey New Member

if your budget is 25k n flexible pick up somethin from jackson or ibanez......check out ESP too they had a 15% discount last month check if its still available!!.....with that kindah discount you can really pick up some good stuff!!.......i was about to pick up an esp alexi 200 last month but ended up with a jackson rr3!!........

12. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

Again, there's an RG321MH for sale on this forum. Although, it's in Mumbai.

13. distorted

distorted satan

^but why should biharis play guitar?
    They'll spoil the accent...

14. metalmickey

metalmickey New Member

accent of the guitar?!!!!!!!!!!!..........

15. arpit_phd

arpit_phd New Member

Hey I used to live in calcutta before my dad got transferred for some reason.I dont play local music.By the way just suggest some strats for my stuff.

16. metalmickey

metalmickey New Member

are you really plannin to get one or just keep on askin same question over again n again?.anyway get a squire strat which i guess will fill your needs!!.

17. HannibalX

HannibalX New Member

go for the Greg bennet, AV-6, fits like a glove in your budget, 23K and for the money you get insane tone..or go for the malibu (strat model) seriously consider the greg bennets

mexican strats go for 35k approxx,
    Epiphones are not imported in India any more

or go for something in LTD from the MH or EC models in the 100 series range, will cost around 22k to 24k

18. arpit_phd

arpit_phd New Member

No metalmickey,I am going to get one but just wanted to confirm which one to get through surveys and reviews.

19. distorted

distorted satan

@you wudnt hv met biharis, so u wont undstand how biharis kill the language... Newy, as he said, he is not a bihari.
    @arpit: got enuff suggestions mate, now u know abt almost all the guitars dat r available in the budget... Search fr reviews, demo vids if possible try out as many guitars as u can...

20. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

Right you want surveys and reviews of the guitar that you've already decided to buy? Nice thinking. Next time just say "I want to buy a Squier Stratocaster within 25k, which one should I buy?".