Looking for a good acoustic guitar in Mumbai

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by kushe, Mar 19, 2005.

1. kushe

kushe New Member

I'm looking for an excellent sounding acoustic guitar (deep bass) with a very soft fingerboard. I can spend up to Rs.30,000. Please advise which one and where i can get in. I already have a yamaha f310 and find the sound great but the fingerboard is too hard.

2. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

30k is more than what you need to buy an acoustic guitar. There is a shop in marine lines (west) called Fartados. it has branch on bandra too. i just went to fartodos like 2 days ago. You got a good budget, you can try your hands on yamaha, Granada and all the other guitars. i really like granada and the way it was sounding, excellent smooth fretboard, it had pickups, and volume knobs and tone knobs. it was for 6.1k.

for 30 grands, you can also get a full setup for playing electric guitars.

Try all the guitars. Dont be in hurry, other experienced guys will post comments too.

3. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

I dunno much about acoustic guitars but with your budget you should probably get a more decent guitar than a Yamaha. Maybe you should try out a Martin or a Dean.

4. kushe

kushe New Member

Where in Mumbai do you think I can get a Martin or a Dean guitar?

5. nehemiah

nehemiah New Member

since you are considering martins then you would do well toy try out gibson montana and taylor brnad of acoustic guitars, as for where you can get them, beats me. these are top class acoustics which rarely retail here in india, the only reputed acoustic brand available in india (mumbai) through a genuine retailer is the ovation brand's applause line. frankly, must you spend such a large amount on an acoustic, are u seriously into acoustic guitar?

6. kushe

kushe New Member

I'm definitely keen to upgrade from the Yamaha that I currently have. Where can I get the Ovation Applause that you mention?

7. nehemiah

nehemiah New Member

bhargava's at bandra, official dealer, one of you requirement is that is must sound excellent with a deep bass, just checked a samick acoustic today and it seems to match your description, anyway samick isn't a brand that goes well with many but no harm in checking

8. kushe

kushe New Member

Where did you see the Samick? - Furtados? What model?

9. nehemiah

nehemiah New Member

yes at furtados, abt the model number, he he, i did not get that, sorry, anyway it is a black jumbo, a dreadnought I think, it is on display at furtados at metro, costs around 6500, you cant miss it,

10. ninad77

ninad77 New Member

Ovations are in stock with Bharagava Bandra ..