Looking for a distortion pedal

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by chintan9, Jan 15, 2007.

1. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

@Chintan........There;s an offer on Line6 pedals now. If you buy one, you get another effect for free.....If you decide on Line6, then do your purchase asap......Check with the seller about the offer before you buy..........

2. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

^ wheres that offer going on? SB music?

3. ronnieanand

It's advertised in Line6 Website which means the offer should be available through out the world......

4. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

yup i saw that too but i hope SB music is offering that. Lets see, i will keep u posted. By the way any idea if any shop in bangalore is selling the line 6 ??

5. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

nope...it will be years before we get anything good

6. ronnieanand

Try Reynolds, he is a dealer for a lot of brands that he doesn't stock......If he happened to be a dealer of Line6, he will get you in a day or two.....Talk to Rhythm Musicals too.....These guys will get you if it's available in India.....If it's available in Delhi, I can try getting you some discounts from Onstage in case they have it....

7. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

is Reemal Investrade - On Stage? Because they are the first dealer to get Line6 stuffs....they already have the pedals...not sure about the offer though

8. ronnieanand

No idea............

9. chintan9

will do.........

10. chintan9

Its been a couple of weeks since I began my search for a good distortion pedal and we have a new contender.

Zoom Tri Metal
    https://www.samsontech.com/products/productpage.cfm?prodID=159

Going by the reviews this pedal owns all. I've also been scanning various other forums and the general consensus is that the Zoom Tri Metal is right up there among the top distortion pedals.

11. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

Even i've heard only good things bout the zoom analog pedals. I really wanted a power drive too. Those pedals are one of the coolest looking pedals in the world. I say go for it if you can find it really.

12. chintan9

damn!!! no one is selling the zoom tri metal aaaargghhh

13. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Its not really as hi-gain + heavy sounding as you are assuming it to be.
    I heard a clip on Harmony-central, and it sounded like old school metallica.

14. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

15. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

hey chintan ...if u plan on importing one...go check out www.ishibashi.co.jp ..very cheap prices and u get almost everything...

16. ronnieanand

Dont import pedals to India unless somebody brings it down for you. Firstly, it's a known fact that pedals are getting stolen in India. Talk to guys like Robert Keeley and they will tell you all about it. This will happen if you go with the regular post. If you go with the more expensive courier, then it will reach you safe. But then add those extra $30 for your shipping. Since the pedals are categorized under Electronics, they incur a nice import duty and finally you will realize, it was cheaper to buy in India. But if somebody can bring the pedals for you, then that's the best deal.

17. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

oh ok....ronnie addded you on yahoo

18. chintan9

my drummer is leaving for he US in a week or so. Might ask him to buy the pedla for me.

19. ronnieanand

One for me :beer: .........I need a Boss LS-2 very badly........

20. Double Click

Double Click New Member

U mean 2 dont u? :help: