Lessons Needed actually i need some lesson to play my guitar lead faster

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by zohaib, Apr 4, 2005.

1. zohaib

zohaib Shredder

Hi There Guyz
    i seriously need some favour from u guyz( or galz ;P )
    actually i need some lesson ( practice lessons ) to make my lead faster
    even more faster
    also gimme tips plzzz

2. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

How fast do you want to go?

3. zohaib

zohaib Shredder

umm faster than Yngwie Malmsteen .... ever fastrer than that !!!

4. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

ohh...faster than the spped of light eh?? :)
    didnt we have an exercises thread??
    Newayz...id suggest getting Petruccis Rock Discipline and try getting down all the exercises at his speed.
    PS:.He's faster than Yngwie...i mean 16ths at 220 BPM ...fking ****, i barely manage 16ths at 140. :( ..looks like i gotta long way to go.

5. zohaib

zohaib Shredder

where can i get those\petruccis exercises

6. zohaib

zohaib Shredder

and i think yngwie is the fastest guitarist or jason becker

7. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

no he isnt!!..that is a fact ..petrucci.
    As for the video....u could either get it from amazon or u could hmmm .. get it from a friend(read peer)

8. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

petrucci is nowhere near as fast as yngwie is, and yngwie isnt the fastest. no sir. if you want the fastest, check out michael angelo batio. he shreds faster and wilder than anyone else.

9. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

i have..hes crap..not a musician..just a shredder....so's rusty cooley and franco farreri

10. sayanakaharry

of course he is crap as a musician. but the point is that he shreds faster than anyone else alive. also, if you want proof that yngwie is faster than petrucci, listen to "blitzkrieg".

11. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

ive listened to blitzkrieg dude!!..i aint speaking out of ignorance.. ive listened to lots of both malmsteen and petrucii. This fact that petrucci picks faster than malmsteen i read in some guitar mag.

12. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

i dont know how u can say that michael angelo batio is crap as a musician..
    the videos u see are meant to be for technique and speed..he wont play a slow melodic piece when he is promoting his speed pickin instructional..
    btw..michael angelo is well versed in playin many styles includin jazz,classical.

plz dont bash anyone just for the sake of bashing.

@ zohaib---u want to learnt to play fast..
    pick any scale ..and repeat it over and over...thats more than enough to get ur chops up.
    alternate pick..start with a down stroke first and alt pick..then start with an up stroke..
    play the same scale where u have to stretch ur fingers..
    figure that out for urself.

13. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

fast..is subjective..
    someone just made a post that he read somethin in a guitar mag that petrucci picks faster...just remember..some guitar mag also had DAVE BAKSH of sum 41 as one of the 100 guitar players of all time.

if u practicea repeated patern over and over again..u are bound to get faster at playin that pattern..but say another guitar player starts practiscin that pattern ..it will take some time for him to get it up to speed.
    what im tryin to say out here is..
    if petruccis and malmsteen play each others stuff..they would be slower..haha.

14. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

dude!!..irrespective of him promoting speed picking it still aint musical!!!..yngwie and petrucci sound much better than him at high speeds..thats my point!. Anyways all this is bull****...music is subjective so I apologize.

zohaib...u can check out
    ibreathemusic.com
    Its another guitar forum like IGT but they got some really cool articles. Check it out, ull definitely find the articles u are looking for.

15. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

ha.
    have u even checked other michael angelos stuff??

i was a huge fan of yngwie at one point..but i must say that he is the most repetitve guitarist on the planet...and petrucci is cool..havent heard a lot of his stuff.
    i have heard a couple of dt albums..liked what i heard..

and im not a angelo fan..im just sayin that he is a much better player than he is made out to be..

16. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

yes i have :)

17. sayanakaharry

man, check out petrucci in dream theatre, playin in liquid tension experiment.
    also, malmsteen on G3, is beyond belief.

18. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

malmsteen in g3 is awful.. he literally killed the hendrix song....his performance in g3 has to be his worst performance ever.

@dennis--angelo will still have respect from my side...as a guitar player and a musician...

19. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

^i respect that.

20. zohaib

zohaib Shredder

yaaar leave it who eever is the fastest guitarist ....
    if i repeat the pattern of scaling ?? wud i be able to play fast and great solos ????