Les Pauls or copies in India under 30k?

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by amithkallupalam, Jan 14, 2012.

1. anidude

anidude New Member

oh btw, theres one epiphone goth les paul studio in furtados which is for 27000.. its supposed to have a deeper darker sound.. check out some videos on youtube. but if u really do want a more hard rock/metal kinda sound, go for ibanez RG series, not the grg one.. though its not an LP shape, but the sounds killer !

2. wylder

wylder Member

If you are looking for other options and you love the LP scale & neck, do try out the SGs...

They are super comfortable to bend for bluesy stuff. And tone-wise, they are not as bottom heavy as LP but have a very nice mid-range honk that is awesome for rock/hard-rock/edgy blues.

3. guitarplayer729

guitarplayer729 New Member

u should try the cr series of cort
    they have a very good lespaul shape

@wylder
    ever think about giving away some of ur pedals

4. amithkallupalam

amithkallupalam New Member

Thanks for all the help guys!
    Grass roots arent available in india.. Mainly for JP market :(.
    Yeah Im starting to like sg's! Funny thing is, I used to hate em! :D
    Say, how much does the Epi SG G-400 costs in india?
    Cort les paul looks pretty good :)!
    What is the price of the cort cr280?

5. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

Cort CR280 costs around 25k

6. amithkallupalam

7. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

Best of luck if you can get it for 20k.. that too from bajaao..and i repeat .. Bajaao sucks donkey balls..

8. Sumanovo razor

Sumanovo razor New Member

with sg's you get a benefit of the double cutaway

9. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

How's that helpful?

10. Sumanovo razor

easier to play solos on the higher frets...usually with single cutaway its not that easy coz your thumb which supports the back of the neck will get stuck at the particular fret were the neck joins with the body...the pinky,ring,middle,index finger can still manage to reach the last fret but your thumb will get stuck ...whereas in double cutaway the thumb will reach higher frets hence it will be a bit easier

11. Sumanovo razor

less stress between the joint of your thumb and the index finger

12. amithkallupalam

13. aryasridhar

aryasridhar New Member

I like the ESP LTD EC-256, its the grassroots series guitar, with a worn look to it....25k on Bajaao

14. guitarplayer729

tis not a grassroot
    its an ltd standard

15. amithkallupalam

16. mymusicmyguitar

mymusicmyguitar Active Member

Do not make ur choice based on the look. Go for something that sounds good.

17. guitarplayer729

+1
    a friend of mine is not going to buy a greg bennett av3(even our skul's guitar teacher recommends it) for rock bcoz he wants a v in his 17k budget

18. amithkallupalam

Yeah so ive decided. Guys watch this video. Im getting the cort cr280 man. That thing is right on I love it. This video compares the cr250 not the cr280, with 2 gibson lps. You guys are all probably like, 'the cort stands no chance against te gibson lps' but wait. Listen, And then judge.

Cort vs. Gibson Guitars - Shoot-Out! CR250 vs. Les Paul !! - YouTube

And my comment is the first comment, shows the time when the different guitars in the video.

19. ayu135

ayu135 New Member

I wouldnt depend too much on youtube videos for buying a guitar, because those exact guitars may sound worlds apart on your setup, plus the guitars will sound as good as your desktop speakers or headphones can reproduce the sound then also consider the equipment used to record. And seriously what good will a good looking but bad playing guitar do for you?. According to me looks should be the last criteria, Playability and Sound come first.Please try out the guitar yourself for atleast an hour or so on an amp setup similar to yours. Compare it to some higher priced guitars on a setup similar to your and them choose what yours ears tell you. The PRS SE's are quite expensive. When i last checked(which is December 31) the Singlecut was around 42k mark. Plus what do you have against the Greg Bennett AV6? I'm sure it sounds pretty damn good and plays equally well and is superior to every other guitar in its price range. And if you are buying a Les Paul simply because you like the look of it, i say please dont spend the cash just for the looks you can put the money to some better use. Buy the les paul if you like how it sounds and how it plays.

20. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

It is entirely possible that he has a "rich dad" and money doesn't matter ...