les paul ...hollow or solid?

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by rahul_givson, Jun 24, 2006.

1. rahul_givson

rahul_givson New Member

are the les pauls hollow body or solid body...if they r hollow body,then do they sound bad in distortion?[or overdrive]

2. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

solid......i think

They dont sound bad with distortion

3. Double Click

Double Click New Member

:shock: :shock:

Les paul sounding bad on OD/ distortion!! Where did you get that idea? Many of the most sort after tones come from Les Paul's!!!

They are solid body electrics. I'm pretty sure there arent any hollow bodied LP's. U can find more info here ... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gibson_Les_Paul

Dubara muth poochna!!!!

4. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

LES PAUL are solid Body....... and they sound nice with distortion or clean....though personaly I dont like them so much.... But yes they are nice.... realy nice... And no... A guitar that is hollow bodied wont sound bad with distortion....or Overdrive.... The Gibson ES 355 is hollow bodied...and they sound great....

5. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Read what he said...He said Hollow Bodies ones sound bad with distortion / overdrive. Actually it wont sound bad but the feedbacks can get a little uncontrollable. But again, a skillful user can really take advantage of these things. Check out Trey Anastasio of Phish :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: and he uses a Hollow Bodied Guitar.

6. blackmamba

blackmamba Rocker Monk

www.gibson.com - do your homework first and then ask questions! JK!! Hollow-bodied guitars do not sound bad at all - depends on how you play them and what you play them through.

Any particular reason you asking the question? i.e. Are you planning to buy a Gibson Les Paul? Not to be confused with Epiphone....