Legalising Prostitution in India---Do you agree??

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by the_wizard, Oct 19, 2005.

?

Should prostitution be legalised in India?

1. Yes

74.1%
  2. No

25.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tumhare_divya

tumhare_divya luvs 2 luv...lives 2 luv

^^^^^i totally agree jekyll....
    there is so much injustice...and hypocrits...people who dont practice what they preach...I dont feel prostitution is a good thing...yet some women willfully make that choice as a means of survival...or are given the prostitute title by societal misunderstanding...i personally think there are better ways to earn money for survival...i think it should be illegal BUT...i feel that instead of police punishing prostitutes...they should instead guide them in a safer direction as to how to earn a living....they shouldnt be punished for doing what their circumstances/society/whatever influenced them to do...they should be guided and offered a means of starting on a new foot....

2. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

Most of the people in india (not you and me) think that it shouldnt be legal. So its their will.
    They do have a proper justification i guess.

3. vini

vini Repeat Offender

i'd say Yes and No both! but im more inclined towards "No"

Why Yes:If something becomes legal+common+accessible..it stops people from craving to eat the forbidden fruit. So letting people eat the fruit i think it will make the environment in India more pacified..in the sense no rape n eve teasing or the likes!..no creepy despos prying on gals!

Why No: indian values system. its like playing with ethics of people and legalizing corruption. High Vulnerability of diseases and then u cant keep tab on ur young ones..y demoralise n debauche them?

4. vivo_b

vivo_b The Brave

Ok I think this thread is worthy of my input(read mods beware of my dirty dirty mouth!!!)
    $ex is not bad....$ex is natural.....if god didnt want us to have $ex he wont have given us a pen!$ and a v@g!n@.....give him some credit becoz he's smart.
    $exu@l urges are normal.....everyone has them....research shows little babies have them....society dictates whether these are moral or not. F#$% society......if we let the society control everything we'll be nothing but puppets to the moral-dictator's whims.
    Prostitution is a sensitive subject....let me tell you this right now.....prostitution is NOT bad.....it is something that has been done for ages. Think about it.....if a waiter serves you food it isn't bad....but if a prostitute is to offer you his/her body then OOOHH MMYYYY GOOODD!!!!
    It is a service, a profession....and like most other professions should get some acknowledgement. I know legalizing it isn't going to make it seem any better.....middle-class girls are not looking at a viable career option....I dont say it is the most good of professions.....unfortunately it is a necessary one. $ex drives need to be fulfilled as much as your stomach needs to be fed. Many kings of the old has courtesans.....WHICH THEIR QUEENS KNEW ABOUT!!!! These courtesans were there to satisfy urges......the queen was happy with them because she knew she doesn't have to keep doing it all the time!!!! Plus she ruled supreme over everyone because her child was the successor.
    Legalizing anything reduces its adrenaline-value.....ask any high-school kid why he/she smokes/drinks.....the biggest factor is the rush that they get out of doing the illegal deed. Once made legal....these activities will probably reduce......coz the teenagers have no need to hide what they do.
    Same applies for prostitution......the prohibited part is whats most appealing.....the "what if I get caught" factor.
    Hence I think prostitution should be legalized......although I do think $ex-workers should be tested for STDs regularly.

5. shak

shak Harrr!

i'll go with jekyll and vini ..
    jekyll: .. if they legalise it ... then they would have control over it ..
    yes exactly! .. if something is legal then goverment can control it .. bring in legislation and rules .. govern the red light districts .. the hookers and pimps would know their limits and for once they wont be the king of the jungle ..
    as for the prosies themselves .. they would have rights!!! this si very important .. they are humans as well .. they dont sell themselves for fun! .. they haev their own reasons .. adn they do deserve some amount of respect .. legalising will ensure that they get what they deserve ...

vini: indian values system. its like playing with ethics of people and legalizing corruption. High Vulnerability of diseases

yes i agree .. .. the values play an imoportant role .. and this prostitution buisness is considered number one way of spreading STD's ...

another point is .. that if it is made legal ..wouldnt it encourage many more men/women to get into this buisness?.
    it is legal .. would you?
    .. umm ...

well as part time?
    .. errr ...

you will be protected under goverment rules and regulations .. it will be clean and no mess guaranteed?
    ... err .. YES i will ...

6. shak

shak Harrr!

i had the same idea but couldnt put it into words .. (it would have taken me ages to explain this ..)
    well done vivo

7. akkyy21

akkyy21 #%@!$&

All's said n done i guess, I go with makin it legalised, n openin govt. prostitution center's. Wow,..how cool it would be,... Govt. of India Prostitution Centre, wont we be proud of it? Am sure many ppl round here would be. Hmm,.. even better,... keep a log of dudes/dudette's comin in there, n send a monthly bill to their home. Just for the convinience sake :p:

8. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

then we will have a minister of prostitution and *** business in india??if legalised??

9. disgusting thread :p:
    i think i should get outta here

too small =(

10. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

I really couldnt care less. Even though it's illegal, it has been and is going on rampantly throughout the country. Legalizing it wouldnt be much of an improvement, it would only flame things up further.

11. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

hahahahahahaha, this thread makes me feel glad that I came back.

Before I start, I must confess that I have not read any of the posts in favour of legalisation so I might repeat some points.

Okay, First I attack my "sacred Indian Values".

You do realize that harems have been part of the court of every single ruler since the time of the conception of kings, don't you? What is polygamy if not a mild form of prostitution? Considering that you are talking about Indian culture, then surely promiscous intercourse is a part of our culture since all our great culture connosieurs have enjoyed it. Akbar, who had the navratna in his court also had a 100 wives on the side....most of them being little more than classy whores. And I'm talking about people who have built Indian culture...the very Indian culture that seems to be a red herring.

Now the decent people: Where are you when a ***ually frustrated 13 year old rapes his 6 year old neighbour? Do you even stop to think that this might have been avoided if prostitution had been legalized and the 13 year old child had access to whores? Would you rather have your sister raped and prostitution illegalized or would you prefer prostitution being legal if there's a semblance of a chance that it might reduce the number of ***ually inclined crimes in India?

Of course, everything that has a good side to it will have a bad side to it....there cannot be light unless there was darkness but seriously....wtf? Just because you think that s.ex is dirty does not mean that you lose focus of whats important in life. No one is forcing you to go in for prostitution or become one yourself but I'd prefer other people taking their frustration out on willing girls rather than my best friend who will remain emotionally scarred for the rest of her life.

Now I'm expecting that the people who, unlike me, are decent will ask me "So what will you do when your sister becomes a whore since legal prostitution will mean that you cannot stop her"?

I would do what I always do.....love her, beg and plead that she not do this but in the end, back off and let her do what she wants. I will, however, make sure that she knows that she can come to me if she is ever in trouble.

Of course, this will mean that my "khandan ki izzat" will be in shambles but then again, I never lowered my head enough to meet anyone's eyes.

And yes, I do realize that she will probably read this and tease me like crazy.

the_wizard and DrSaurabh like this.
  12. jekyll

jekyll Banned

i love u B J Roy ;)

welcum back :grin:

13. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

:nw: :nw:

reps to u

14. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

fuking V bulletin..need to spread sm more....remind me later....i know ur a rep whore

15. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

^^hahahaha well me got another prob with rep must wait for 24 hours to spread more lolz

16. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

LMAO...u seem to be too generous....finishing of the quota in one day

let thou generosity spread upto me too :p:

17. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

@mods - plz take out my vote!

18. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

Me think legalizing it would solve a lot of indias crime problem
    BUt there should be strict regulation on it

19. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

Legalising this would turn india into a service based economy.

20. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

It already is. All the Software Boom and Doom and only service based. So all Software Engineers are Soft Prostitutes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.