LeftyDa HELP !!!

Discussion in 'Bengali Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by paranoid13rohan, Dec 16, 2005.

1. paranoid13rohan

paranoid13rohan .: iNDiaN iDioT 3.0 :.

hi LeftyDa,
    dere is dis frnd of mine called Gourab who is also a lefty.
    he bought a righty acoustic insted.
    what shall he do now?
    n by d ways ... dere is dis music-teacher in our locality vere he went 2 learn 4 1 month.
    he suggested Gourab 2 change his style ... so he left him.
    do u kno of any teacher who can teach lefties?
    KeeP RoCKiNG !!!

2. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

first thing with the right handed acoustic, the method is just to reverse the strings. that means put the sixth string where the first would be, the fifth where the second would be and so on.
    about a teacher, i only know one. Lakkhichhara's nilanjan-da. a lefty himself, i heard he's a very good teacher. Pm me if you want his phone number.

3. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

i'm a lefty myself.
    but i played right handed intendedly as pressing the strings on the fretboard was easier.
    and everyone told me to do it tat way.

4. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

@ujsen

well dude if you are a left hander and play right handed then its a very good and wise choice because left handers are even-handed and later you may become an ambidextrous genius like michael angelo batio!

5. LEFTY_GUITARIST

LEFTY_GUITARIST -= M®. §öU†|-|ÞäW =-

if its a f hole acoustic den ur frnd is gone for........
    tell him to change it.

if its a O hole acoustic, den its ok, reverse strings....adn learn on ur own...........teacher er theke lefty der nije sekha bhalo.

nilu dar cell no. debo kih??

6. LEFTY_GUITARIST

yah goaurav ke bolo lokeder middle fingre dekhate jara charte bole......ar bolo comp er help e ar igt diye sikhte, i can help, mail korte bolo.,

ar s he is leftry, and name is gaurav, tell him to learn drums.......

7. Luthier

Luthier New Member

Hey Thats not the solution to the problem. An acoustic guitar has bracings which are different for right and left handed guitars. The swapping of strings would mean more trouble for the bridge and saddle since the bracings on the bass side are heavier than those on the treble side. Hence changing to left handed would cause serious RAISING of the soundboard near the bridge area. It's better to get the guitar changed for a lefty one.
    Regards
    Luthier.

8. LEFTY_GUITARIST

u can get ny lefty acoustic in wb unless u order one..............

and there was no bracings..........so i didnt faced ny probz

9. Luthier

Luthier New Member

What do u mean when u say that "there was no bracings..........so i didnt faced ny probz".
    How is it possible that an acoustic guitar has no bracings. Maybe u did not understand what bracings actually mean. It's ok. Bracings are the stiffening ribs attached to ur guitar top from inside. See those wooden cross-beams inside the guitar .....those are called bracings. NOW U KNOW.... :beer:
    Regards
    Luthier.

10. debankan

debankan The bassist from hell

Interesting problem.Lefty has altered his accoustic strings to left handed and I have not seen him face any problems. Can you please state what sort of problems can be faced?

11. Luthier

Luthier New Member

@ debankan
    The alteration that lefty has done can causeproblems to the soundboard and the bridge. The design of the soundboard's internal bracings is such that the strumming produces a uniform vibration throughout the soundboard and does not overload the sondboard with additional stresses. The string alteraion has now caused more & excessive vibration on the treble side and lesser vibration on the bass side since heavier bracings will damp the sound of the treble strings and lesser bracings will excite the soundboard and cause unwanted and excesive vibrations on the treble side. The bass side has heavier bracings than the treble side. If ur guitar is indian then it has a PLYWOOD/VENEER top and that is a type of wood that does not take string tension well. The top will rise from behind the bridge area and will get lowered just where the strings pass over the bridge. With time there wil be a irreparable BULGE formed on the top which will eventually cause loosening of the top from the sides. If it is an imported gutar with SOLID WOOD TOP then DO NOT DO AS U HAVE DONE and change the guitar to a lefty one. So pay attention and keep an eye as to what is happening to the guitar and play safe. :think: :think: :think:
    Regards
    Luthier.

12. probuddha

probuddha Aspiring Guitarist

My advice

My advice would be to sell this right handed guitar...go to a musical instruments shop...look out for lefty guitars...if they doesn't have one...ask them if they can customize one for you...

And the best thing would be to go to the shop from where you bought this guitar..and tell them to exchange it for a lefty one...they can always customize one for you..if they currently don't sell lefty guitars..

Cheers..!!

13. LEFTY_GUITARIST

itz kolkata man............there is no lefty acoustics here.........u have go for custom mades..........but custom acoustic......

as i said, itll not be a prob to reverse strings........if its a O hole acoustic....

and a cheap one form givson, hobner etc.

im 100% sure,

@luthier, check ma guitar pics in guitar gear talk forum, check da acoustic's bridge, .......

14. paranoid13rohan

thanx 4 all ur replys guys.
    i think dat shud help him.
    n leftyda plz neeldar ph. no. ta dio.
    r o tomar kache shikte parbe na ... at igt ... coz he's not a net savvy ... i hop u undrstnd.
    thanx 1ce again.

15. debankan

debankan The bassist from hell

Thanx for the info. Will see if Lefty's guitar gets the bulge in a few months.

16. LEFTY_GUITARIST

nilu da- 9831036569

ar ami koy bollum ami sekhabo, ami bollum je igt r comp diye skhte, ami site er nam tam dite pari:eek::

ami ar ki sekhabo, nijei kichu jani na:eek::

17. paranoid13rohan

LeftyDa,
    tumi nije kichchu jano naa ... bolchho jokhon, tokhon nishchoi kichchu jano na ... i bliv u ... jus jokin.
    thanx 4 niluda's no.
    n tell me if ur guitar gets a bulge aftr months ... waitin 2 kno.

18. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

Dude .. are you still around ... Was thinking that ur away .........