Left handed guitar in India

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by radicalz_adi, Jul 26, 2006.

1. radicalz_adi

radicalz_adi New Member

hey pple i called up bharatmusichouse they said that the aint havin left handed guitar............bhargavas said theyll string it in the reverse manner..............onstage no i don have so wat should i do........will onstage have left handed guitar

2. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

So very ingenious of Bhargavas, but are they going to change the bridge and nut slots also?

If they dont, your guitar intonation is doomed.

And why the heck havent you been to Onstage till now?

3. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

arrey
    have u asked them if they can get it for you?/
    and i would discourage bhargavas.

4. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

ya onstage has left handed guitar. i think i saw an ibanez there

5. Double Click

Double Click New Member

Why dont you chk out Bajaao.com. They have a few lefty's in stock.

Lots of lefty guitarists have used right handed guitars by stringing them the other way around. ( Hendrix comes to mind)

Oh and one more thing.... If you're just starting out with guitar why dont u try leaning to play right handed guitars? That will save u a lot of heartache l8r on because lefty guitars are not easy to come by in India.

+ Most lefty's who play right handed guitars find it easier to play in the beginning(I'm one of them). We kinda have an adv compared to the poor righty buggers ;) .... Of course if u already play right handed then theres nothing u can do.

@alpha1 -- Why do you need to change the nut and bridge?

6. radicalz_adi

radicalz_adi New Member

Hey acctually alpha i havent been to onsatge cuzi live in ludhiana 300 kms frm dehli and second wat du yu all mean by changin bridge and nut.....................thirdly ive waited long.............for my guitar 4 months now that im gettin it don wanna place any orders..........i think destrigin and stringin it again like hendrix would be good

7. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

i think its 340 km away

8. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

and i cming to ludhiana most prob this weekend

9. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

OK, the thing is ..... If you notice, your bridge is always slanted.

Try to think why it is ......... :think:

And sometimes you might also observe that some nuts has wegdes/slots shaped into it ...........

10. Double Click

Double Click New Member

The bridge isnt slanted on all guitars.... and not all nuts have wedges/slots

11. radicalz_adi

radicalz_adi New Member

thanks a lot guys for your response..........im very happy im goin omorow to delhi your guide is invited till tom cuz ill be buyin it on sat.........called up bharagavas he said that hell give a les paul type model

12. rammy

rammy Guitar=Dope ; Me=Addict

i wud too discourage bhargawas... he has a bad rep...and guitars are made and stringed by tension and intonations that are achieved from correct positions and placement of the bridge and spaces in the nut which are totally different from string to string(1 to 6) and if they are stringed in reverse order, then wud effect the tone of the guitar and also its life(if the tension increases or decreases, then that wud effect in bending of the neck), now is it clear why the nut and bridge are important??? i wud suggest u dat u take a look at onstage, i think they'll be able to help u and if not them then wait for some more time(its worth it) and get urself made a custom guitar...i've seen some here at igt and they like quite good...and ppl here wud be glad to help u with it...also @double click... all good guitars are made with slanting bridges to get the right intonation from string to string....and i wud love to know wat adv lefty's have that us right ones in playing a righty guitar guitar???

13. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Hmmm, the bridge might not be slanted, but the saddles (or whatever they are called) on the bridge have to be.

If that is straight, the guitar can never have perfect intonation.
    The reason why the bridge/saddle/crap is slanted is because the strings have got different thickness.

Because in case it is: when you press down on (lets say 12th) fret, on low E string and high e string, the low E string (because of more thickness) will not have same length as high E string. But then open string length for both are same.

If you see, https://indianguitartabs.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3765&d=1144226816
    Even the frets are slanted.

I know, thats why I said "And sometimes you might also observe ..........." :p:

14. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

^ what is that thing??

15. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ Which thing?

16. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

the 12 string slanted fret thing :p

17. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^HA OK.