LED ZEPPELIN- the most technical hard rock Ever !

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by JAZZ, Oct 20, 2005.

1. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

whenever there is a thread like this...

sabu gets angry and a volcano erupts somewhere...

2. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

it erupts on jupiter...

kyonki.....sabu jupitar ka praani hai :p:

3. ak&guitar

ak&guitar THE INNER VOICE

wrong

dude .......ur not getting the whole point.........

fiirstly its VELVET UNderground not "velvet revolver"

secondly , u must not have heard of it becouse u must only heard the bands that were popular.

thirdlly, i seriously dont undertand why ppl dont even know name of the band wihtout which music and specially rock woudnt have been what it is today,
    all the credit goes to these pioneers. ppl only who sold so much millian copies or who was no. 1 on the charts ...........they dont know who actualluy made good , technically mindblowing, influential to that limit that the most popular artists copy them and reach the charts no 1 spots.........but who gives them credit ......? ppl mistake there name for some other band..............

anyways it has been like that.......no body talks much of chuck berry thaey talk about elvis, they dont talk about frank zappa, but talk about black sabbath

4. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

^^^^^^^^^ ohhhhhh ok ok ok ok....damn i didnt give much attention towards the underground!..my fault!

5. ak&guitar

its ok....dude.......atleast u know it now,,,,,,,,damn fine

6. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

Whatever ... BIG ... Led Zepp is ... I keep telling they are dream theater of olden days ...

7. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

@a&kguitar...velvet revolver and velvet underground are two completely diff bands

8. ak&guitar

^^ i know....................what do u think i m stupid or what?

9. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

No way. Led Zep was a just hard Blues Rock band. They were hardly progressive. The old progressive bands are Jethro Tull and Uriah Heep.

10. abhijitnath

abhijitnath Fighting GAS frantically

Err..sorry to barge into your thread, but this is a very popular misconception. Page actually played a Tele and a Danelectro on Led Zep I and most of II, including the 'classic' Les Paul sound people claim to hear on "Whole Lotta Love". It only demonstrates my pet theory that people hear what they WANT to hear on guitar recordings. After micing, recording, mixing and mastering a amp, you can make almost anything sound like anything. Sure, while you're playing it you can hear the difference, but the listener at the other end often can't.
    Another common example...people salivate about the lovely, violin-like tone of Eric Johnson's Strat on "Cliffs of Dover"....except its actually an ES-335 on both solos...the Strat is used on the themes only. Can anyone honestly claim to be able to tel the difference?

11. jekyll

jekyll Banned

Well to tell yeah the truth i prefer the twangy sound of single coils while playing blues.

so calling Les Paul saound as the classic bluesy tone is something which doesnt appeal to me ...

12. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

Ok maybe it's not a les paul but that sound is awesome anyway. I really wanted an ES-335 but i saw the Epiphone Dot on the Furtados price list so gonna save up, they're basically the same except that there are obviously quality issues and not vintage but it's the B.B.King guitar is'nt it.

For the violin kind of sound on eric Johnson's guitar he basically uses Vintage 50's strat through a fuzz-face and to a fender delux rev amp or a 69' plexi .

ERIC JOHNSON IS SERIOUS ABOUT HIS TONE
    Understatement of the Century

13. mad_man

mad_man oo my god kill Em all

hey ...............its not michael jackson that rocks ..............its thts slash that rock

because in BLACK OR WHITE music was 4rom slash guitar

really really gr8 guitar work in tht song...i meant technically not the best but surelly an joy 2 listen. :rock:

14. Addy Pant

Addy Pant Highway Star

Some of my favourite Zepp songs are STH, Achilles Last Stand, Heartbreaker, Whole Lotta Love, Communication Breakdown. Led Zepp RULES!