Learning Spanish Guitar for 7-8 months from Guitar Instructor, Time to quit?

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by vini, Mar 13, 2005.

1. vini

vini Repeat Offender

an offtopic query..plz rescue me!!

I've been learning Spanish Guitar fr about 7-8 months from my Guitar Instructor.. i wanted 2 ask u guys.. can i quit learning now..and is it time yet to be on my own?? I've learnt all maj&minor chords..sir tot me many finger exercises a tit bit of both classical guitaring lead and bass>a mixture..!!

:annoyed: the lessons r costing me a fortune and i cant afford to carry on any further..wud it be ok..2 learn further from Internet?? or is it v imp 2 have a teacher..shud i continue wid him sumhow..as derz no other nice instructor nearby??

Pls...guide me!!!!!

Thanx in adv

tahda!

@ moderators& admin
    ps- im sorry if i've posted dis in a wrong forum..but i was too baffled as in where shud i post it ..if possible..plz let it be here...dont move my thread!! :p:

2. jusmail

jusmail New Member

If it were rock/pop that you were learning, you could learn independently. With classical guitar, I am not so sure. From where in India are you btw?

3. aeg0

aeg0 Guitarıng Alchemist

4. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

I never went to a guitar instructor for more than 2 weeks in my whole life, the rest, i've learnt on my own...............and you dont know how much i regret that now. Without a proper instructor i just dabbled in everything i could find, not following a systematic approach to the instrument, although it's true that i am now an intermediate player, i believe that if i had gone to an instructor i would be a much better player than what i am now....my advice, dont quit classes....if you have to, seek advice of an experienced advanced person that'll help you out.

5. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

Vini, you could have a posted this in Beginner's Q and A, i have moved it there.

6. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

dude, i think uve answered the question. u say that it costs u a fortune..then leave it. I am a proponent of the "learn it urself" method. Though it'll take u more time this way, if uve got good guitar friends to help u out and tell u what to do then u shud be fine.
    The probs always what to do next,not how to do it next. And if u do decide to quit, we here at IGT will help u out as much as possible.

7. vini

vini Repeat Offender

thanx so much..all of u...i've decided that iL continue for 3 more months..anyhow..and den i'd leave most probably..m sure iL manage then..all by myself..and anyway i dont want to be a professional..guitar is an amateur thingy for me..thanx again!

@neo>ok..gud enuf.thanx

tahda!

8. bornscorpio77

bornscorpio77 New Member

Wherein India u learn spanish music.. in bangalore.?
    can u share ur learnings .. in this forum

- Scorp !

9. vini

vini Repeat Offender

no no..spanish guitar wudnt mean Español musical genre or sumthing..its just a type of guitar shape&look..i dunno much..i guess m not mistaken.. although u can search the internet and u may find lotsa results for spanish mewzik!!

tahda!!

10. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

vini - i think if you know all the major and minor chords and if you are okay with the scales and all the chords , u juss need to mantain that and keep on practising ,...

u surely need a teacher to learn music , then at one stage if you feel its okay for u to quit , you can go ahead - its totally on personel discretion ...

11. vini

vini Repeat Offender

thanx 2 all!!

tahda!!

12. nadish

nadish Active Member

Is there ne seperate technique to play Spanish Guitars. But I think that Spanish Guitars are just like other guitars...

13. BIG_EVIL

BIG_EVIL Guitaring Machine

ur wrong nadish..........there is a special way to strum ....its realy difficult

14. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

I felt learning by yourself can be a Super Quick Method provided you have the right materials available. I attended classes for a few weeks and I was going nowhere. I used even Sleep off in the class. Then I quit the classes and bought some books. My learning curve went on pretty steep. Most of the guitar tutors are not real pros. They are just some okay to decent guitarists. It's a difference if you are personal student of Troy Stetina or Wolf Marshall.
    So get some nice materials either through books or internet downloads and learn it on your own. Dont pay money to instructors. Rather save your fee money and buy yourself a good guitar.

15. sabbu44

sabbu44 New Member

Am new dis guitar world

Hey Guys,

Help me out......i wanna learn to play guitar. please tell me which guitar to go for. My budget for a second hand guitar is 2.5 k. :shutup:

Some body told me to go for J&D bros.

Also if you anyplace to learn it near Bandra or Townside in Mumbai will help.

guys please help.........me :nw:

:please:

:cool: Sabbu

16. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

for starters go to the guitar gear talk forum...

btw - there is a new hobner acoustic guitar for 2.5k....

17. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

2.5K is a pretty good budget for a new beginner's acoustic guitar. You can even get a Givson Jumbo for that price. Look at brands like Hobner or Givson. I am not sure about J&D acoustic. I checked their electric and it costed 6K and for that price the guitar rocks. It was any day better than any of the Givson electric.