Learned how to read tabs a year ago but i had to stop practicing

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by tigerlily, Jun 21, 2007.

1. tigerlily

tigerlily New Member

i learned how to read tabs a year ago but i had to stop practicing because i had a lot of work i had to do for school but since today was my last day i have been working on playing for a few hours and when i try to play a song it doesnt sound like the songs at all! either the tabs are messed up or i really really suck and ive been working on the same song for hours and its not getting any better!!! any advice?

2. paranoid13rohan

paranoid13rohan .: iNDiaN iDioT 3.0 :.

the tabs maybe messed up ... but you don't suck ... or maybe you do ... but it's too early to comment on that.
    i suggest you give yourself some time ... practice for about a week or so and then see the results.
    and if you would have mentioned which song(s) you were trying, we could have directed you to the correct tabs ... so try to mention the songs next time ...
    keep practicing.

enjoy :beer:

3. WildRose

WildRose New Member

Obviously you were playin after a long time that's why it was messed up.....it'll take sometime again to get the hang of it.

4. nazr

nazr angel is my genital..

Change the strings if you havent already and tune your guitar.Should help a little.

5. saurabhrocks

saurabhrocks New Member

man u messed up the tuning, i suppose.

or ur not in the rythm, listen to the original song.and then try

6. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

Yep, the guys above are probably right about the your guitar being out of tune. Do you know how to tune your guitar? If you can't tune it by ear, I suggest you use APTuner (google it) to tune it for now but work on tuning by ear after that.