Lead Guitarist required for Hindi Rock band

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by muse9, May 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guitar boy

Guitar boy New Member

lol

so the teacher is FaiqRock! cool...
    I thought it was Faiqgiant if u guys remember him, the so called replica of Sharukh khan (not shak).

.:SpY_GaMe:. likes this.
  2. faiqrock

faiqrock XaiQ

well Faiqgiant is banned on igt so he is no more Now...:p:
    Cheers :beer:

3. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

:RollLol: :RollLol: :RollLol:

4. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Someone make this thread also sticky!

5. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

^I will .. Only if more Entertainment is guaranteed :p:

6. faiqrock

faiqrock XaiQ

hahahahahaha

7. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Oh No! I am devastated...

Oh No! I am devastated! </3

8. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ So anyone accepted Ggurus's challaenge?

9. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Of course not. He wins, I lose. He rox, I sux, you blues.

The best part about being an elitist is that you can not care about ego.

What is flypsyde anyway?

10. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Okay, now I'm serious.

Why is playing a solo a matter of pride and respect? Why is your instrument even a means of earning pride and respect? Why is your ego as deep as the Grand Canyon? Why does it even matter if you are the best on IGT or not? Music is not about competition.

Music is not a vibrating dildo for your ego. Don't make it that.

11. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs &amp; Pasta

^ Youre rather good at exposing the IQ dents in people, eh?

12. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

^Pwning as known to us lesser n00bs.

13. abhimanjrekar

abhimanjrekar ----&gt; Zhol-Man&lt;----

on topic @ muse,

hey im in..neel called me up today...seeya on saturday for the practice..il come directly after my paper...

14. satch_attack

satch_attack New Member

haahaaaahhhhah...this thread is hilarius guyss.....

sorry guys cuz i cud not post al these days ..
    i thot i il post a recordin as my 100th post ...but...chuck tht .

+1 for makin this a sticky thread..

k ..romeo..dude...wat happend man...did ur mommy shout at u or somethin ??

why are u so persistent to prove ur self tht ur the best guitarist in IGT ....dere is and dere can neva be a best guitarist in IGT ... cuz different ppl play differently and u just cant compare ...but ..if i have to name one guy.it has to be dharmatra ...he is simply brilliant ...

and ..regardin the flipside or rearside or wateva's solo....hahhaahahahaha....if u consider urself to be a gud lead guitarist afta tht ...den ..i dont think anybody can help u man ....

on second thought..since u like to give open challenges .....y dont u play the solo of stairway to heaven and post it ..??...u have my vote if u can play tht solo up to speed ..

15. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

wtf...you're a walking contradiction. You first rant about how you can never have a best guitarist and then name dharmatma the next. Also, I don't see what Dharmatma did to be raved about the way people do. Yeah, he's nice and I like the dude....maybe might even want to marry him someday but I know for sure that he isn't a guitar god. Not yet anyway. Get over the worship already.

You and some other people in this thread would do well to realize that Jimmy Paige is not worshipped because he could play like Duke Ellington. Jimmy Paige is worshipped because he could play like Jimmy Paige. If I wanted to listen to the Stairway to Heaven solo, I'd go buy a Led Zep CD. If I'm listening to you, I want you to be playing something that Jimmy Paige could not (or did not) give me.....or whoever played the flipsyde solo could not give me. If I like what you're playing then, I'd consider you a good guitarist. Otherwise, psh, no.

16. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ In simple language that meant: come up with (a) brilliant OC (Own composition), and we might sit down to talk.

17. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Well, not nescessarily an Own Composition entirely....but at least put your own stamp on your solos. A touch that comes from you and nobody else. That's the way I see it anyway.

18. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

That is OC vonly.
    Even though inspired by someone, the composition - leads - solos ... yada yada
    are our own thought of composition.

Anyway I dont like haggling over the terms.
    :phbbt:

19. satch_attack

satch_attack New Member

hmmm...BJR ..i think romeo is gettin into ur head ..

anyway...regardin the best guitarist thing..dude....dharmathma bein the best guitarist is my opinion..thts wat i have said ...
    "different ppl play differently and u cant compare "...but if "I" had to choose one ..it wud he him
    ..man..u may feel somebody else is the best guitarist in IGT ...thats like ur opinion dude..aint nobody goin to debate about that ..

and puttin ur own mark into the solos u play aint a mark of a gud guitarist at all !!!! its more of how u approach somebody elses's solo ....the way u analyze it and pull it off with ur own flair and playing style ....hell.. anybody can play stairway solo but how many can play it like jimmy with dere playin style...tht my man..is harder to do then takin a solo and playin it your way ..

regardin own comps ..or own thought of composition ....thts al bull.
    being a musician and being a guitarist is completely different ...u can be a awesome guitarist ..but can be a horrible musician {yngwie malmsteen) and the other way around too (kurt cobain )....dude..dont mix up composin and guitaring skills together ...its downright dumb

ppl shud understand ..u aint playin the guitar and makin music to prove tht u can play and compose....u are doin it cuz u like doin it ..if u wanna prove urself..get into one of those dumb battle of the bands competitions

.and yes.i have always being a walkin contradiction ..

20. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

O RLY! Hah!

hmm....now I've finally understood why people still want Classic Rock to make a comeback in the 21st century. Like ronnieanand said, there is a difference between playing something and playing it well. The solo did not become famous because Jimmy Paige played it exactly the way <insert popular guitarist name> had played it. How difficult is this to understand?

Why is a B.B.King a B.B.King? Why is a Satriani a Satriani? Why is a Steve Vai a Steve Vai and not a Satriani? Would they be what they are if they thought the way you do?

Ironic that you call it downright dumb after having misinterpreted what I said.

Now you blow my mind right here. You're confusing songwriter and musician around this point. You're talking about songwriters and not musicians. I'm talking about musicians. If you can't make your own solo's, you're an idiot not a musician. I'm not talking about composing long, overdrawn instrumentals...I'm talking about anything in between .05 to 500 seconds (roughly) being your very own creation and not someone else's masterpiece. It's called your own "interpretation" of the song. I'll try explaining differently.

Imagine being told an old folk tale by your grandma. 50 years later, when you're telling the same tale to your grandchildren, would you repeat it word to word the way your grandma told you or would you add your narrative style to it? Why? Do you think your grandma told you the tale the exact same way she was told another 50 years ago?

I've stopped discussions like these because they become vague and pretentious but they points I make are quite valid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.