Laney Sound Clips

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by laneymaney, Feb 16, 2007.

1. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

Hi.
    Here is a small clip i took of me playing clean through my Laney. Please excuse the sloppy playing. If u want to know what tune that is..i myself ddont know. Its just some stuff i cooked up by myself. Except for the ending.

Used a Shure PG57 To record it.
    Used a Multihead Reverb (Amps DSP)

Please let me know what you think,
    Laneymaney

Zoom G7 soundclips coming soon...

https://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=655049&songID=5007580

2. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

Oh and as for guitar...i used my slammer! No EQing has been done. Everything you hear is the amp!

3. reddragon

reddragon Member

hi laney,
    good stuff!beginning sounds familiar...the end sounds is nothin' else matters !

4. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

Your 6th string's a bit flat Laneymaney :p:
    Amp sounds quite good. Do you put your g7 through the preamp or use the g7 with the +4dB setting?

5. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

reddragon : damn...i finally thought i composed something...thanks for telling me before i humiliated myself in front of a lot of people.

hundred: the guitar is tuned 1/2 step down. And i plugged the guitar straight into the amp. No effects in the middle.

6. thehundredthone

You also played (Welcome Home) Sanitarium just before Nothing Else Matters ;)

Your 6th string is a bit flat relative to the rest of the strings :p:

When you do use the g7, how do you use it? Also, what do you plan to do when the tube starts wearing?

7. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

1.yes i played a lot of stuff in that clip...as i mentioned...some were covers and some were own comps...gah! lets drop that.

2.Oh ok. Tuned up :)

3a.What do you mean?
    3b.When the tube wears out i put in a 12ax7 back in.

8. thehundredthone

The g7 has a setting on the back, to be used either as purely signal processor (-10dB gain) to be put through your amp's preamp, or it can be used as a preamp by setting the switch to +4dB gain, and put directly through a PA, or through the line-in (poweramp) of your amp (maybe to keep the modelling uncoloured?)

9. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

mines on -10dB. Should i change it to +4dB?

10. thehundredthone

If you like the way your amp sounds then no. :)

However if you're recording (no amp) or want to listen to the amp models - in which case the sound should be as uncoloured as possible, put it to +4dB and plug into the Line-in of your amp or into hi-fi speakers (with a lowpass eq at minimum).

Lowpass eq does as it's name suggests - lets only frequencies below a certain limit pass through. Most instrument speakers cut off >5kHz, and also roll off <60-100Hz

It's all choice, once you've tried it out, you can decide if you like your Laney's DSP or the g7.ut's modelling more.

11. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

Ok thanks.....that zoom is a hell of a lot of work put into one piecce. Till now i just know how to use a Crybaby and all the amp models...

12. thehundredthone

My 707II has crap for a pitch pedal. Sounds like a cartoon effect :p:

But that's the thing about processors, you can figure out sounds you like, and maybe one day use stompboxes/rack effects to get the same.

This year end I hope to get an EHX Metal Muff.

13. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

nice....havent played one but heard many great things about it.

14. vbpart4

vbpart4 &quot;the one&quot;

niceeeee :D..

15. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

my recording? or the fact that hundred is getting an EHX?

16. thehundredthone

^ Your recording. I'm not getting an EHX till the end of the year. By then I'll probably be too busy to use it.