LaDDerz first step |<UNDERSTANDING>|

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by faraz khan, Jan 28, 2006.

?

WAS THIS HELPFUL TO YA!!!

1. YUP!! REPz 4 U!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. NAAAAAAAAAAA

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. faraz khan

faraz khan Fkay'zzz .......GoNe MaD!

Professor: Faraz Khan

e..thinnest
    b..thinner
    g..thin
    d..thick
    a..thicker
    e..thickest

the same order of strings is applied everywhere like....
    e-------------
    means
    e thinnest

e-------5-6---5-5-5-
    means
    first pluck e sting(thinnest) with pressing your finger fret # 5 and then switch finger to fret # 6 then pressing fret # 5 pluck e string(thinnest) 3 times.

note: always press the fret very hard and remember to actually not on the fret but beside it like:
    Y(below Y is the fret)and X is the place where the finger must be placed for the right sound
    e__X|___|
    b___|___|
    g___|___| and so on.........
    d___|___|
    a___|___|
    e___|___|

first practice tabs and then proceed on to the chords but now please don't even think of chords.

Note: An image is also attached with the thread - must for newbies!!

CLASS DIZMIZED

Attached Files:

2. faraz khan

common reply !!!

3. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

This was quite stupid. Can it be deleted?

Even the most sensible advice here is quite debatable:

first practice tabs and then proceed on to the chords but now please don't even think of chords.

4. amit82cse

amit82cse Silent observeR

bjr is quite right...most of the people first learn chords and then switched to lead.

5. faraz khan

this is impossible because if your fingers cant switch on one string then how could it go all over the fretboard !!!

secondly....are U guyz newbiezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!huh??

6. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

No but I think it is bad advice to newbies also. A lesson which advises identifying strings using the terms "thick, thicker and thickest" is, in my opinion, a bad one. The second part of your lesson was decent but has been discussed in other threads and is of no real value in terms of warranting a new thread.

As for the this part of your lesson which I quoted....it is quite debatable. While I, personally, support your point that you should first learn your major scales and do your chromatic excercises before starting chords, a lot of people think otherwise and to begin a debate of this sort (which has no conclusive end to it) in a newbie thread isn't a great idea.....which is why I think the thread isn't really useful.

I understand and appreciate that you've put in some effort into this....which is actually a better thing to do than a lot of other guys do who just copy-paste lessons but still....an effort which does not really add something new to the forum is wasted.

7. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

@faraz

i am another one who learned chords first and then switched to leads. and of course, there is no doubt that we are COMLPETE NEWBIES compared to you :)