Know nothing about Guitar.. NOTHING!!! "HELP"

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by taz_rulez, Jan 3, 2009.

1. taz_rulez

taz_rulez New Member

Salam to everyone on IGT!!!
    Professionals on IGT plzzzzzzzz help me... i want to b a Guitarist not professional but a guitarist that can play songs in gatherings or family parties or in friends, [red]please provide me sum links of threads so that i could start playing sumthing[/red]
    I bought a guitar 2 days ago, it's a hollow guitar with steel strings and as the thread title says tha i KNOW NOTHING ABOUT GUITAR So [red]plz provide me links dat r completely for new guys n dat they r in detail[/red]........i apologize for any mistakes cuz dis iz my first thread

hope u guys reply
    thankyou

w.salam
    TANZEEL

2. mccbala

mccbala New Member

Hi...
    The site www.ultimate-guitar.com can help you do your first basic lessons. Once you finish the basic lessons, you'll have to practice a lot to be able to shift in between chords.
    Once you finish them, move on to more technical details like barrey chords, arpeggios, etc.. Internet is full of info, fish the needed ones. Its just simple..

3. unet

unet New Member

Ultimate guitar is great. Join it.

But beware, if you go on the forums there and use short forms (like r, dat, dere, dis, lyk,tym etc), you'll get cyber-bullied to no end. I've seen it happen.

4. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

First learn to tune the guitar, or get a tuner. Make sure that your guitar is in tune every time you pick it.
    I suggest that you have some kind of idea of what you want to play. If you do then check out youtube for videos of of other people playing those songs.
    Get chords or tabs and start practicing.

5. taz_rulez

taz_rulez New Member

@unet
    thx budy

@ambush
    i know how to play piano..so i tried to put da notes of addat(Atif aslam) from piano to guitar n amazingly it worked not completely bt i surely got an idea... now i can play a lil bit of guitar n intro of songx lyk Titanic & addat....on g-string alone...lolx
    well thx...n i'll chk dat ultimate guitar site...thx again

@mccala
    thx dude i'll join it

6. satch_attack

satch_attack New Member

teaching yourself the basics is rather difficult.Find a teacher...