Kick the Football talks

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by .:SpY_GaMe:., Feb 21, 2006.

1. shak

shak Harrr!

it wasn't really a game ... it was just a filler to keep FA happy ..
    had this game not been delayed and had this game been played at its proper time it would have been great!

but yesterday was just a friendly (if you can call it a friendly) ..

BBC sums it up quite nicely :

[​IMG]

now we need just one more draw or win and we'll make a record ...

UNBEATEN FOR 3 YEARS IN LEAGUE GAMES AT HOME

2. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

pool got only 17 000 tickets for the final vs milan out of 63 000
    20k have been allocated to the uefa family....family ...**** that send them to the beach instead that would make a better family day lol(quoted from soccerpulse's liverpool forum)

**** so they are trying to do a manU with us (ie it will be like we are the away side)
    in 2005 we were the away side same as this year but got a better % of tickets than this year.... and fan support is vital for pool...

3. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

Liverpool, Portsmouth and Fulham will compete in the Barclays Asia Trophy in Hong Kong in July.

The four-team tournament line-up will be completed by the winners of Hong Kong's FA Cup at the 40,000-capacity Hong Kong Stadium.

Pompey will take on Fulham in the first semi-final on July 24, with Liverpool facing the Hong Kong entrants later that day.

The third-place play-off and final will then be played on July 27, with all matches to be screened live by Sky Sports.

Premier League chief executive Richard Scudamore said: 'The Barclays Premiership has a fantastic following across east Asia, and nowhere more so than in Hong Kong.

'This is a great opportunity for those fans who follow our competition week in week out to experience what a Barclays Premiership game is like in the flesh.

'We have three fantastic clubs who will be putting out strong teams and aiming to win this increasingly prestigious trophy, and I am sure the winners of the Hong Kong FA Cup will be determined to compete.'

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez added: 'We know that we have a lot of fans in Hong Kong and are looking forward to playing in front of them again.

'I'm sure they will give us wonderful support and we will do our best to win the Barclays Asia Trophy for them.'

Pompey did not register for the Intertoto Cup after being alerted in February to the possibility of playing in the Hong Kong tournament, which is believed to carry a £1million prize for the winners.

Pompey manager Harry Redknapp was willing to try the Intertoto Cup but sounds happy enough with the Hong Kong option.

He told Portsmouth's website: 'We are very much looking forward to it, with two competitive matches so close to the start of the new season.

'It will play a big part in our pre-season preparations and with Hong Kong such a beautiful part of the world the players will revel in their surroundings.'

guess what i am leaving hong kong on the 16th of july........ :'( i guess i will have to wait more before i manage to watch liverpool play......

4. shak

shak Harrr!

as spy has been banned for some reason or other ... and the league season is also to end today ... i feel this footy talk thread is now dead

so much for the last standing 'sane' thread that i still posted in ...

anyway ..
    wigan to drop and west ham to drop ... fa to chelsea and down with scum!

see you all next season (or probably not)

5. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

spy got banned???y??

6. angel_of_sin

angel_of_sin bassist.....

bcoz he went offtopic as we r doin nw...................hes da first victim of Lord Neo's one strike policy.........................he an yazi........

7. angel_of_sin

angel_of_sin bassist.....

bcoz he went offtopic as we r doin nw...................hes da first victim of Lord Neo's one strike policy.........................he an yazi........

8. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

yazi also?crap..............
    on topic:
    lfc losing 2-1 to charlton right now..................hope god saves the day

9. IGT without spy?

Speachless.

Looks like I may get banned soon too.

10. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

Wigan vs Sheffield was a great contest to watch. Sorry for Sheffield but I think Wigan deserved it.

West Ham screws ManU haha! Tevez rocks!

11. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

west ham may still go down coz of the legal issues.....................