Kankalil Enna Earamo - Mr. Roentgen, can you please help with this?

Discussion in 'Tamil Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by nalinam, Jan 23, 2017.

1. nalinam

nalinam Member

(E)Kankalil Enna (A/E)Eeramo
    (E)Nenjinil Enna (A)Baaramo
    (E)Kaikalil Athai (B7)Vannga Vaa
    Oru (E)Thaayai Pola Unai (B7)Thaangavaa

(E)Petraval Vittu (A)Pokalaam
    (B7)Annai Boomiyum Vittu (A)Pogumaa
    (E)Thannuyir Pola (B)Kaapathil
    (G#m)Thaayum Nilavum (F#m)Ondruthaan
    (E)Irukkum Thaayai (F#m)Kaathidu
    (G#m)Mayakkam Theernthu (A)Vaazhnthidum
    Puthu (E)Kolam Podu
    Vizhi (F#m)Vaasalil (B7)Kalakkam Yenaiyaa

Siva Chinniah
    Nalinam.COM - Free Tamil Software
    Iowa, USA

2. nalinam

nalinam Member

Dr. Roentgen is very busy. Can someone please confirm the chords? Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you

3. roentgen

roentgen Well-Known Member

Hi Nalinam. Some differences in my version, especially the C#m in pallavi.

(E)Kankalil Enna (A/E)Eeramo(B)
    (E)Nenjinil Enna (A)Baaramo(B)
    (E)Kaikalil Athai (B)Vannga Vaa
    Oru (C#m)Thaayai Pola Unai (B7)Thaangavaa

(E)Petraval Vittu (F#m7)Pokalaam
    (E/G#)Annai Boomiyum Vittu (F#m7/A)Pogumaa
    (E)Thannuyir Pola (F#m7)Kaapathil
    (G#m7)Thaayum Nilavum (B)Ondruthaan
    Puthu (E)Kolam Podu

Rajesh

4. nalinam

nalinam Member

Hi Dr. Rajesh,

Wow, your version is impeccable. Not only that you've an exceptional musical gift, you also have a philanthropic heart. You are truly the best and the greatest of all!

Thank you, Dr. Rajesh. Hopefully, I can meet you one of these days. My invite is always open for you and your family.

5. sirishm

sirishm New Member

Thanks for this chords Rajesh and Siva. Just a minor addition that made the song even more beautiful. Adding an A chord right before he goes Thaanga Vaa and ending with B chord instead of B7 give a nice progression.

(E)Kankalil Enna (A/E)Eeramo(B)
    (E)Nenjinil Enna (A)Baaramo(B)
    (E)Kaikalil Athai (B)Vannga Vaa
    Oru (C#m)Thaayai Pola Unai (A)Thaanga (B) vaa

(E)Petraval Vittu (F#m7)Pokalaam
    (E/G#)Annai Boomiyum Vittu (F#m7/A)Pogumaa
    (E)Thannuyir Pola (F#m7)Kaapathil
    (G#m7)Thaayum Nilavum (B)Ondruthaan
    Puthu (E)Kolam Podu

Sirish

6. nalinam

nalinam Member

Thank you, Mr. Sirish for your suggestion. I appreciate it. However, here Dr. Rajesh is the maestro. Personally, I cannot hear the guitar chord changing from A to B at that point. However, my musical hear is rather limited and I could very well be wrong. Hopefully, Dr. Rajesh can share some light on this.

7. sirishm

sirishm New Member

Sorry boss, I did not know about Dr. Rajesh. All I know is this song and the emotion it carries and my untrained musical ear yearned for an additional chord before ending the pallavi and I made that bridge. May be totally wrong, but it felt good to the ear and I wanted to share it. Comments and corrections much appreciated Sir.

8. roentgen

roentgen Well-Known Member

Hi Sirish. Thanks for your your suggestion. I'm no expert, never trained and am definitely not the final word in any chord posts. Comments and improvements are always welcome. I only try and post what my ears hear. ARR's chords may not always 'fit' perfectly but chord progression is always there.
    There is one chord played in the 1st line of pallavi, just after 'eeramoooo...'
    There is an F# note in this chord. I tried listening to this section several times and it is there. Whether it is a B or an F#m I'm not entirely sure.

Rajesh

9. nalinam

nalinam Member

I tried it again on my guitar. It appears to me that the chord F#m is more accurate than B. Thank you Dr. Rajesh and Mr. Sirish for pointing this out. You guys are great!

10. sirishm

sirishm New Member

Thanks Rajesh Sir

Hello Dr. Rajesh,

You are correct. F#m sounds perfect. And please continue doing the great work sir. I don't play often but when I want to play some old fav song I come here for the chords and looks like most of them were given by you. Never noticed it until now. so my bad !

Coming up with chords is an art and I struggle mightily with that. Especially with Illayaraja and Rahman songs. They don't follow the melody notes most of the time. May be one day you should enlighten us with a post of how you find chords in songs with some examples. Will help lot of us music lovers.

Thanks sir.
    Sirish