kabira explained 1

Discussion in 'Poetry and Lyrics Forum' started by cruithne_86, Feb 9, 2006.

1. cruithne_86

cruithne_86 New Member

well as G_F encouraged me to take one doha each day and we can put our view regarding it.. or even can come up with similar meaning couplets.. here is the first one

chalti chakki dekh kar, diya kabira roye
    dui paatan ke bich me, sabit bache na koye.

my view:
    this is what i love kabira's work for, he would take some routine example from daily life and try to show us the deeper meaning of life..
    as in his time ppl used to use hand chakki one.. so he is seeing someone using that chakki and making atta.. what is happening is chakking keeps on turning opposing each other and grains are getting crushed.. end result is none of the full grain are as they were before they enter between those chakki
    kabira is sad lookin at it.. so am i.. becoz we all are changin.. some one said that we are being crushed between sky and earth.. or i can say between family and office..
    between dreams and resposibility .. fact is we are always changing.. and everyone of us is headed to non existence of ours.. which is offcourse sad. coz i wouldnt like my love to end .. but as we know it does end sometime.. not all are lucky .. well i can keep on going for my view but i like to see other ppls view too..
    here is similar one mine version..

chalta rahta kaal chakra, tu mane na mane
    ik din tujko jana hoga , tu chahe ya na chahe.

i would love to see other coming up with something like that please.

2. sixstringsin

sixstringsin ||||||

-- ^^ u posted smthing nice n unique :)

... .. reminds me of one of the lyrics sung by abida parveen (one of my fav pakistani sufi singer ...dont know who's the lyricist)

duniya bari baawri patthar poojne jaye
    ghar ki chakki koi na pooje jiska peesa khai
    pathharon aaj mere ghar pe baraste kyu ho
    maine tumko bhi kabhi apna khuda rakkha hai

--people are mad that they worship a stone
    -- no one worships the 'chakki' (its also made of stone)
    symbolically -- 'ghar ki chakki' could be wife (to a husband -as she cooks and takes care of his house) OR a husband to a wife (as he conventionally earns the living) -- OR it could be parents to children who run the house --- but whatever the context -- we seldom think of worshipping these 'ghar ki chakkis'

--and then the author wonders why is his shelter getting stoned
    --hasnt he been worshipping the stone ?? :think:

.:SpY_GaMe:. likes this.
  3. Varshita

Varshita New Member

Cruithne... the couplet you have mentioned above is a simplified version.... the reall one is a lil different...
    chalti chakki dekh ke, diya kabira roye
    Do pat bheetar aye ke, saabit gaya na koye

I thought i ll share what i read at a site about this. The literal translation of the doha mentioned above conveys that:

(Diya Kabira Roye) Kabir cries out, however, is what makes the reader to contemplate on this Doha and realize for oneself the hidden meaning behind this metaphor. Dui Patan here signifies earth (Prithvi) and sky (Akash) and within the ambit of these is all creation and life as also the manifestation of all natural phenomenon of dualities – day and night, life and death, joys and sorrows, thereby making life forever in motion (Chalti Chakki) and an ever changing process. Trapped in this duality, whatever we see is perishable. Nothing that we comprehend is eternal.

What we consider as eternal.... is never so!!
    What we fail to realise and admit is that life moves on... and things keep changing. Change happens, that is for sure. So the trick is not to resist it, but to go with it. We must admit and surrender to this reality of life. Beautiful !!

Here is one for you... from Kabir..

Chadhhe to chaakhe prem ras, gire to chakna choor
    Akhir ye tan khaak milega, Kyun phirta magroori mein

.:SpY_GaMe:. likes this.
  4. Varshita

Varshita New Member

ok here is what i made ... this explains the natural conclusion for all of us.

Boond boond barasti chale, hai ek anookha junoon
    Sawan ka jal baras ke, chala sagar se miln
    Yeh deh jab dhal jayega, mitte main hoga dafan
    kab mein mitti ho jaun, hoga kab hari se miln

Here is another one on the same lines...by kabir

Ja marne se jug darre, mere man anand
    Kab mar hun kab paahun, puran parmanand

So deep and meaningful...
    :)

5. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

^^u said u were not gonna write again... :p:

6. Varshita

Varshita New Member

Damn you ansh !! :mad:

By the way this isnt poetry :p:... these are couplets
    and this isnt "lovey dovey" stuff as some people see my work as...

7. abhimanjrekar

abhimanjrekar ----> Zhol-Man<----

^^ ** kicks **

8. abhimanjrekar

abhimanjrekar ----> Zhol-Man<----

oyee varshi,the kick was for ansh..ur post came in middle...

9. Varshita

Varshita New Member

where is the Kabira 2 for today??