Junoon gets the LIVE 8 invitation

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by dashingmoiz, Jun 28, 2005.

1. dashingmoiz

dashingmoiz New Member

Asia’s biggest rock band Junoon has been invited to take part in the global music event LIVE 8. Junoon's Salman Ahmad spoke with Bob Geldof over the phone to accept the invitation to perform alongside international artists like U2, Sir Paul McCartney, Pink Floyd, Sting, Coldplay, Sir Elton John, Madonna, Mariah Carey, Robbie Williams and others. Salman, who is also an U.N. goodwill ambassador said "We can no longer turn our backs at poverty and illiteracy...two explosive ingredients which lead people to terrorism and diseases like HIV/AIDS", "it's a great honour for Junoon to be part of one giant global-jukebox for the eradication of poverty and music is the most powerful force for positive change."

THE MUSIK will televise this event live in Pakistan from 6:00pm on 2nd July.

Please goto: www.live8live.com and add your name in the list of those who're telling G8 that enough is enough.

2. infinite aaz

infinite aaz Member

Brother thanks for the imformation and link i was searching it.

3. dashingmoiz

dashingmoiz New Member

My pleasure!

Hey don't miss THE biggest musical event of our era! We won't get such an oppurtunity in this life to watch all the great stars together in a same concert again.

4. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

Thts really cool and good to know that the world is ready to accept Indain Subcontinets music ... Will be telecasted on any of the channels in India ..... Hope they do... Rather Than telecasting Asmaa or whats the other crap not getting the name ... Ya Viva

5. sanat_satan

sanat_satan New Member

lets hope those bastards at mtv or v show it in india

6. aysh

aysh -|h3 ori9in4| (ui!aris-|-

wow yar thats so gr8 ! hope junoon gives a rocking show.. and also tht mtv or V cover it .
    hey can we mail this request at their offices or sumthing ?

7. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

mtv and vh1 are like partners.so dont blame them.you need to blame news channels
    like ndtv profit saturday nights and of course channel v.but vh1 is viewing it live , so, no worry. :beer:

8. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

Hey when did Junoon Play ...... It was a long show ..... watched a part of it .... I didnt see Junoon .... Does anyone have it recorded ... the Junoon Part ...

9. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

Many bands couldnot play in the Live 8 concert due to shortage of time...may be junoon didnot play

10. rizaaj

rizaaj Forum Leader

i have recorded the whole show.. did not see complete yet... will rip it and upload parts..

dunno whether junoon performed or not.. the whole show was around 10 hours or so..

11. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

Hey that nice plz ... let me know if Junoon Played ... and once u upload do tell us where u have put it ...

12. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

^^ i think not...