Joe Satriani is going to Rock India!

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by BubblyMartini, Mar 9, 2005.

1. BubblyMartini

BubblyMartini !!!HAWM

Satriani coming to India?

Guitar lovers, hold your breath. It's not confirmed yet as to where and when, but the buzz points quite strongly in the direction of yet another riffing legend hitting Indian shores.

After John McLaughlin, Earl Klugh and Mark Knopfler already this year, it could be time for the fluid tones of Joe Satriani to head towards India.

The 49 year old Satch, as rock music buffs know him across the globe, is one of the pioneers of 'shred' guitar -- lighting fast both-hands-on-fretboard kind of guitar playing. Incidentally, two of his former students are guitar giants in their own right -- Kirk Hammett of Metallica and Steve Vai, the manic metaphor for futuristic rock.

A note dated March 3 on the Satriani's official Web site says: 'I'm rushing back in my studio to play as much as I can for the upcoming tours. The nest few months will bring us once again to a few continents, including India! The shows mean the world to me, I couldn't live without them.'

rediff.com sources close to the proceedings would not confirm the event, but said talks were on.

However, after reading the satriani.com message, it's justified if rock fans across the country are Flying in a Blue Dream.

Source:Rediff

2. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

3. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Bass-tard Child

awesome!! the man who taught alex skolnick!

4. malaguena

malaguena New Member

Satch is going to Rock India!

Great news guys!!!!! Joe Satriani is coming to India very soon.. Check out the following link (Satch's official Website):

https://www.satriani.com/perl/2004/news/main?thread=1&age=new

This is what Satch has to say about his tour:
    "The next few months will bring us once again to a few continents, including India! The shows mean the world to me, I couldn't live without them. "

5. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

sure malaguena , thanks for the info ... mergin with martini's thread ...

6. 6String_assasin

6String_assasin The Painkiller

is it? he didn't mention it in his official website..

7. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

If he's coming, i'm going, no matter what! and oh yeah, i'm taking tejas with me!

8. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Bass-tard Child

Alot of people dont know about it, but ive mailed skolnick before. He once said that he did recieve a few lessons from Satch. Out of all the virtuosos this guy has taught, Skolnick has to be my favorite...plus if it werent for skolnick, id never want to play the guitar.