Joe Satriani In India

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by DrSaurabh, Mar 20, 2005.

1. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

hey i just heard that satch is comin to india in May...is this true....mumbai too...can anyone confirm this..

2. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

ok hes comint o mumbai...14th may ....MMRDA

3. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

his shows r kinda boring..
    i went to it 2 years ago.. u get blown away for 15 mins.. then everything sounds the same for the next 3 hours... then u come out u cant remember a tune.. everything sounds the same.. thats satriani for u. but yea go and see it for the first 15 minutes.. problem with satriani is he doesnt have solid compositions.. its all about virtuosity.. i enjoy artistes like eric clapton or even jeff beck for that matter.. I went to this jeff beck show.. got blown away the first 15 minutes and stayed blown away for the rest of the show.. and remembered every part of it... satriani vai and those trained monkey kinds not my cup of tea..

4. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

Agree 100%. :beer:

5. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Me too..I agree completely...sum1 mentioned Clapton might be coming to India too..thts the one Im watching out for....:)

6. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

whats virtuosity..?
    anyhow..i intend to go...just for 3 songs..always with me...tears in ther rain....top gun anthem....
    anybody have the idea as to the costing and availibility of tickets.....and where they are
    available

7. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

whats virtuosity..?
    anyhow..i intend to go...just for 3 songs..always with me...tears in ther rain....top gun anthem....
    anybody have the idea as to the costing and availibility of tickets.....and where they are
    available

8. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

excuse me? u got the wrong guitarist i think hehehe
    i dont think satch played top gun anthem :p: and thats a ****ty easy song.. even i can attempt a shot at it... u dont need a satraini to play that.. thats plain 80s ****.

he will play mainly from his new album is there love in space.. usually starts the show with surfing with an alien..
    watch out for the cool whammy bar tricks he has... and his bass player stu is amazing..

virtuosity = trained monkeys like stach vai malmsteen etc playing wierd scales up and down down and up at mach 20 speed, and they end where they started.. or do they begin where they end.. i forget.. anyways thats what virtuosity means, and i heard roumors that thier ultimate goal is spontanous combustion.. am waiting for the day when that happens...

9. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

satch-- a trained monkey..lol dude..that just shows how ignorant u are. Malmsteen..yeah ,I could agree..Vai, I havent heard all his stuff so I wont comment , but SATCH!!.
    The guy is all melodies man...u prolly havent heard songs like One Big Rush, Raspberry Delta Jam, Extremist, Crush of Love etc(very very sweet)..
    Newayz, i guess each to his own.

10. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

to each his own... more than 50% of USA are chimp lovers.. they voted for shrub.. and u have a thing for trained monkeys.. to each his own :)

satriani is part of a genre whose aim and motivations are flawed.. whe he is composing , satriani doesnt think what is a good solid composoition.. he is thinking more like.. what crap iis really difficult to play? i will compose a melody over such licks... and I dont buy that philosophy...
    the composition has to be bigger than the performer and not vice versa.

who do u care about most surfing with the alien or satriani?

who do u care about most hotel california or Joe Walsh/Don Felder ?

I rest my case.

11. rabi_sultan

rabi_sultan <Bulla Ki Jana>

i know the answer to this.

They voted for BUSH!

12. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

13. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

coming back to satch.. no harm going and checking him out.. have fun guys.. dont get delusional when u see him do those crazy things.. cause when u come back home and hit yoru axe its gonna sound the same.. **** :)

14. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

no idea about satch, but sandeep chowta told few days back that vai is coming over to bangalore!

15. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

marty friedman > joe sat+steve vai

im sorry but i had to get this thought out of me sometime.
    i can give u resons for my opinion..not that it might matter..
    1.marty plays for the song...not to show his skills off..
    2.he has such a wider musical taste..from japanese music to chinese music to indian...and that makes him a different guitar player alltogether..and so very exotically melodic in so many instances.
    3.people remember his megadeth work fine..but i seriously ask those who havent checked his solo albums out..to CHECK it out...u r missin out on a lot.
    can think of many other reasons.
    albums are
    DRAGONS KISS--
    was released after his stint with becker in cacophony.shows off his technical skills and kind of progressive with very complicated compositions.
    TRUE OBSESSIONS,SCENES,INTRODUCTION...
    not on the heacier side at all..lots of melodic content..this shows his musicmanship and not only his guitar playin..awesome arrangements of diff instruments to compliment the songs..scenes being influenced mainly by lots of exotic stuff.
    MUSIC FOR SPEEDING.
    want this album bad..dont have it.

Must stop my ranting now..
    however i must say that satch comin to India is very cool.

16. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Bass-tard Child

Agreed. Whenever i quote your text, it looks ****ed up.

17. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

hey dharmatma..y wasnt marty on the new megadeth album??

18. rabi_sultan

rabi_sultan <Bulla Ki Jana>

not picking on your words but i get a little pissed off when its refered to "indian" music when its actually desi classical music. I don't mind an english person to say that since they don't know any better but our own lot shouldn't be saying stuff like this.

19. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

marty left the band...he is now playin for a j-pop band...
    i know its very weird....but he has come out with the solo album..

20. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

good to hear that hes is comin.......