Joe Satriani Concert Review

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by DrSaurabh, May 13, 2005.

1. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

Well...to put it in a jist........
    FLABBERGASTING
    A DREAM COME TRUE
    ok...now heres the review....not too much in detail....
    i reached MMRDA by 2:45........i dint know where it was, neither did the autowala....so we werer searching for it..but it dint take long to find it....once the rick made this turn the venue came into view.......i thot it was kinda small and couldnt belive that it was it...but then i neared and i heard it....and got the confirmation ..........
    hardly anyone was there then......and i was like ok........cool....saw a few guys gathered around a peephole kinds........and they were like....its him playin....and then i peeped thru.........and sure enuf.........he was doin his sound chek....
    i started jhuling then and there
    we waited and waited and waited and waited..........watched the line grow.....BTW did i mention i had the 2000 wala pass :grin:
    luckily i was like 3-4 in the line
    the gates opend after much delebriation at around 6:05..........i ran to the front.......and i was rt in the centre of the stage.....and the only thing seprating me from stch ws the baricades
    he came at about 6:45 carrying his candy red guitar
    and immediately went into a song.........
    the setlist was as follows

raspberry jam delta-v
    house full of bullets
    satch boogie
    time
    searching
    always with me, always with you
    summer song
    bamboo
    up in flames
    hands in the air
    morrocan sunset
    starry night
    war
    Strange
    Is there love in space
    psycho monkey
    i am goin down
    friends
    Cool #9
    Flying in a blue dream

not in that order....tho more or less ....at lest these are the ones i can remember.............if anybody else went and can remember more......plese add emm...........BTW i love bamboo....he played quiet a lot from crystal planet
    who ever said that aftr 5 mins it sounds the same should get his ears cheked.......am not that HUGE a fan and i could make out the diff.

anyways his guitaring was impeccable, and his imprcovisatin amazing......he improvised the end to always with me..and stretched the 3:22 song to a good 8-10 mins......s e x y work though......
    the crowd was goin mad...when always with me played the whole crowd was humming the song
    its a divine sitte watching joe play.......he just gets into it and just emjoys it so so much...
    at one point he played with his teeth :)

thats it for today
    more tommorow
    too sleepy
    just chek thit out tho

Attached Files:

2. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

heres part 2
    ok, on most of the songs he played, it was improvisatins galore...he improvised a lot ..a LOT...
    its amazing the way he makes the guitar cry.............his wahs rock
    at about 9:40 he had almost wrapped up but then when the crowd asked for more, he kindly obliged, his exact words,"since uvr been such a great crowd and since i love mumbai so much. we can have one more song............ok, am just gonna play i wanna play now...am sure MrJeff Campetelli is worried now, he has no idea what am playing....heres i am going down..." he then started jamming on his mirror finish guitar.............which btw is the s e x i e s t guitar i ve seen.he then went on to play war and then for the final he played friends...
    this when all the plec thrwoing and the drumstick throwing was at the max........he also said that playing in india was a dream come true for him.....and that he loved playing it here.....
    after the concert was over i decided to jump the barricade and go backstage...the security dint stop me so i went...but Joe had already left along with jeff, matt and the rhythm guy i forgot his name......so i was just walking around back stage....then i thought y not go on stage....and then i did...there i was standing on the very stage where satch was a few minutes back, and looking at the now dispersed crowds...his guitar tech. was still there.....mike 'mad monkey' manning....started talking to him......he was great.....i asked him if he had any of joes picks left...he gave me too..yes those are the ones he played with....:grin: quiet heavy..mebbe a 1.14 or 1.0 mm ones.....then i got to look at the s e x i e s t amps ever..the peavey JSX...400W 1x4 with the s e x y chrome finish ...there were 3 of these and i was in heaven.......then i turned ..and to the rt on the stage where 6 of the s e x i e s t....most amazing guitars i had ever seen..........6 Ibanez JS 2000s lined up on the rack one was a 7 string...
    which he played for searching i think..dont remember........i coudlnt belive that i dint notice that being in the first row.........i actually touched his guitar.......held it baby........
    6 guitars.....1 with a candy red finsh, 1 mirror ..1 white, 1 had a wierd esoteric pattern..dotty kinda...the 7 string with the transparent red...there was a natural finish....with no veneer or anything which looked pretty amazing too....i asked him about his strings...mike said that he played .9s . someone had told me that he apparantly plays all unwond striings..and i asked about this..and he was like no...he plays regular 3 wound and 3 unwond strings....and then he goes like...wait ill show u....and he takes out the mirror finish guitar and shows it to me, and i couldnt belive i was actually looking at satchs guitar from that close a distance..yah i actually held that baby......
    i was in heaven ...in a daze as i walked down the stage......after roaming for a while...i decided to head home.......still in a daze............
    that was the most amazing experience in my life....FRIGGIN amazing man

3. LEFTY_GUITARIST

LEFTY_GUITARIST -= M®. §öU†|-|ÞäW =-

u r damn lucky.............u met him:grin:...... u got his autograph:grin:........................
    u got his pics:grin:...... ...............u held his guitar in your hand:grin:...... .......................................
    man if he stayed for 2 or 3 days more..........main sure hoon ke tum uski chaddi bhi ghar le ate..:p:

4. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

i envy you drs ,...

nice to know you had a nice time , rock on

5. akkyy21

akkyy21 #%@!$&

Nice man,.... feels like its a dream!!!,...obviously came true for u!!

6. Orange Guitar

Orange Guitar IGT's ALLROUNDER

u held his guitar and u got pics......thats amazing....i wish i was there on ur place....thats a dream come true for u man......rock on.....do ya got his auto....???????

7. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

i hate my cheap friends - i told them - lets apy 2k and go right in the fornt - "nono were too cheap - lets pay 500 and sit at the back!!!"

bloody bas**rds!!!!!!!

though i did get sick of it by the end - i was tierd after i mgoing down...

but how he managed to paly for 3 hours continuously - god only knows - him and his drummer!!

crazy ppl!

8. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

9. LEFTY_GUITARIST

LEFTY_GUITARIST -= M®. §öU†|-|ÞäW =-

^^^ G R 8...........N E W S !

10. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

about steve vai, well he is coming definately........septune events is bringing him in along with ipium again.........but thats it megadeath is just a rumour which has been floating on forevr now...but steve vai is DEFINATELY coming before this year ends rock on guys :rock:

11. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

one more good news....sad news for roadie2rockstar
    brahma aint opening........there are no opening acts...its just joe joe and more joe

12. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

BTW u can see me on NDTV:p:

13. zoomingrocket

zoomingrocket TeChNiCaL AdMiNiStRaToR

Congrats Mate!

Have fun!

REgards,
    Zooom..!!

14. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

I wish i was there.....but i had office!!!!!!!!

why cant these ppl keep concerts on holidays....??

15. rust_in_pain

rust_in_pain <:Rising Rockstar:>

well the media dosent seems to cover satch with all tht enthusiasm (i m talkin abt newspapers HT,amarujala etc)this shows how ignorant r people towards rock.if kareena bounced her bo*bs twice it would b a headline.

btw,congrats dr

16. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

17. acousticdreamer

acousticdreamer ΩUNPLUGGEDΩ

@rust_in_pain LOL!!!!

18. somendra_guitar

somendra_guitar New Member

bohoooooooooo!!!!
    i'm jealous!!
    :cry1: :cry1: :cry1:
    :annoyed: :annoyed: :annoyed: