Jimmy Page VS. Slash

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by dino, Feb 9, 2006.

1. dino

dino New Member

These 2 players are known as the gods of solo .. but whom do u think is the best ??? In the recent article , Jimmy page was at the 1st rank wid " stairway of heaven " and was qouted as " the best solo performer of the century " whereas slash was at the 7th Rank wid " november rain " .... also , the solo of "sweet child'o'mine " was originally composed by Jimmy page but it was never released.
    Place your pole and lets see whose the best ??

2. walk_alone

walk_alone **~~| An Atheist |~~**

Do we really need to compare!!

Hey if they both r gods of solo do we really need to compare them..............they both have a league of their own.

3. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

u temme this..was mozart better....or beethoven...

4. walk_alone

havent heard either of them......LOL

Hey saurabh its gud to see u back.

5. satch_attack

satch_attack New Member

slash ... guitar god ..now thts a joke

jimmy page hands down !!

6. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

I'd take jimmy page, he was AMAZING.

7. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

IS is worth comparing ????

Like Van Halen vs Slash.
    :RollLol:

Jimmy Page owns Slash and other posers.

8. From an oldie like me its got to be Jimmy page O.B.E. (not that i believe in royal honours)

As for the best ever it has to be Hendrix. He was on another planet to all others.

I remember a story about him makin a concert appearance back in the 60's.
    All the other groups were arguin about who should perform last.
    This included Pete Townsend, Eric Clapton, as well as many other famous guitarists.

As they were still arguing Hendrix picked up his axe, went on stage and blasted.

He was so friggin amazin that when he finnished no one wanted to follow him.

9. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

Dude??
    :shock: :shock:

10. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Both of them good in their own ways. And one cannot replace the other too.

11. slash_i_m

slash_i_m Laid to Rest

stop this comparing threads .all the forums are cooked up with this kinda stuff 'who is better,who is the fastest 'and all that crap.if u hav to reach that level u hav to hav something in u.all of the guitarists who've reached that level hav that thing in them coz its not easy to just get up there and play november rain or stairway to heaven.u c both of them hav thier own different way of playing.:)

12. uj_6string

uj_6string Nickelodean Addict :D

guys...i wanna have stairway to heaven.....i am damn desperate....ive learn the intro of the song and i wanna hear it...
    can anyone tell me some good link or site by which i could get it???

13. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Go to [Chop] and search under Music category. I am sure you will find the song.

14. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

just when i get out of these arguments...someone pulls meback in......i feel like a don vito corleone .:annoyed:
    jimmy page screwd up big time when playing live......slash rarely does... *whistles*
    both have amazing riffs.......both have been LP fans.......( tho page was a SG freak..yea i know...but towards the end he was seen mostly on a LP...with that hyper fundo bridge which could change tuning in an instant)
    am sure if u ask this to slash he wud say page.....page was one of slashs idols too.....
    as to the questin of being better......................its like the question of the chicken and the egg

15. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

Hmm. its difficult to decide>>:think:

But theyre different styles>
    Mozart doesn't have dramatic ending like beethoven does>

SLASH WINS!!!!!

16. walk_alone

Thts not what i meant.

I meant i have never have had a chance to listen to their compositions......i know who they are.

17. dino

dino New Member

U Can Have The Stairway Dude !!

There's a site called : fretplay.com where u can find almost all the songs ...
    but if u want the best .. grab guitar pro from limewire .. once u'll have it .. u'll know why !!

uj_6string likes this.