Jam Room Idea

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by ronnieanand, Sep 13, 2005.

1. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Hi,
    I have built a small jam room at the terrace of my house for our band. Now the Paint Job is left. For the interiors I am thinking of total Psychedelic Paint Job done. The theme is Psychedelic Thingy / Hippy Movement / Flowers / Beads / Jam Band / Peace etc... Yeah. ... I am not a dope but I love the hippy era.
    I have been searching the net for some designs. Either they are not appealing or too complex to paint. Any suggestions from you guys. Send me some images pertaining to my theme or point me to some links. The thing should be preferably simple. I cannot afford to hire an artist to do that. The painter should do it or should be easy enough for me to do it. My band members have agreed to help me out.

2. cYpHeR

cYpHeR Banned

u can try smthin similar to da pic attached

or u can experiment with random lines...spirals in bright colours and hand prints (dip ur hands in paint kinda) betwwen them....

Attached Files:

• jam.jpg
      jam.jpg
      File size:
      80.6 KB
      Views:
  3. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

dude all i can say is that i NV u?

4. ronnieanand

@Cypher. I have downloaded several of such pictures. The problem is it's too difficult to paint that way. The random lines and circle might be a good idea. Let me see. The room will be ready in two weeks. Will post pictures of it when it's all done.

5. cYpHeR

cYpHeR Banned

Great....cant wait to see it....lemme chk if i can think of sm other style....

6. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

Anand- just get a pic of Janis Joplin's car and get your Jam Room painted that way. We all know you LOVE Janis Joplin;).

7. ronnieanand

I'd love that. Actually that was the first thing that came to my mind. But who'd do such painting. :think:

Getting an artist to do that will turn out to be damn expensive.

8. cYpHeR

cYpHeR Banned

try puttin sm grafitti......concentric spirals....ppl enterin shud start feelin dizzy....

or paint all walls with diff patterns.....lik one wid flowers...one wid sm grafitti nd so on....

9. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

10. ronnieanand

Hey Chintan,
    Seriously you know somebody who can do it for Free as a freelance or maybe for a few Beers. :beer:

11. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

12. ronnieanand

Neo. Thanks for the link. Looks damn cool. Will work out with this. Anyway my room is damn small compared to those.

Reps to you.

13. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

We will think of something better if you can give us the jam room dimensions/size ?

14. ronnieanand

It's pretty small. I guess it's 9 Feet x 11 Feet.

15. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

If it was me i'd actually put up all the posters i could find and not let an inch of the wall to be seen .................. :p: lol

but i guess painting it would be a good idea

16. ronnieanand

That too Psychedelic painting would be damn good.

17. cYpHeR

cYpHeR Banned

u can try foot prints on da wall...dip da shoe in paint kinda......u kno smthin lik as if smone has been walkin upside down on da wall....hehe

18. ronnieanand

My Drummer was suggesting that.

Have you seen the Hypnotic Spiral. I had that in Mind too.

19. cYpHeR

cYpHeR Banned

yea but will u be able to play with a hypnotic spiral??..

neways u can try sm retro designs....globe with wings stretched and stuff...wierd stuff inside da globe nd all....

20. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Bass-tard Child

My friend has a huge jam room. He's a big believer when it comes to Feng Shui and also a big fan of abstract gemotrical art. So you can imagine how trippy the room is.