Jackson made in India?

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by call_of_ktulu41, Dec 13, 2005.

1. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

Tansen Production line is near Chennai.. Call up Sudhin(Pro Musicals, Chennai) and take the number or HARMONY..

HARMONY i believe has taken over TANSEN..

No idea about the prices Ashish..

2. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

Now who the hell is Sudhin???

3. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

Read in the bracket..

4. chintan9

hahahahaah ok

5. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

@fictional..
    bajaoo.com isnt a REAL shop ..its like amazon.com or music123.com

6. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

Dr.Saurabh just pmed me the link...nice site however didnt see much stuffs there!!
    Abhijitnath showed me his guitar in Mumbai IGT meet...and i came to know the jackson logo in his Guitar's bridge but seriously, just the logo of jackson on the bridge itself justify that its REALLY manufactured by Jackson? Think about it...

7. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

@ FR : We aint saying that ALL jacksons are manf in India.. Only some of themm....

8. cyclonetrap

cyclonetrap New Member

yup... not all jacksons are made in INDIA .. its the new launched JS seres . And that too some parts of it as what ive learnt so far !

9. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

^^^^ Hmmmm Lets all PM that to Fictional Real... ha ha ha..

10. cyclonetrap

cyclonetrap New Member

If they made all Jacksons in INDIA they would probably call em "JAIKISHEN" instead of Jackson !!!

11. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

Dont insult my brand and your brand.. Let some one else do it so that we can bash them up..

12. cyclonetrap

cyclonetrap New Member

Dude .. i'm not insulting Jackson .. im just trying to get my point across !

13. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

LOL gotcha.....

14. call_of_ktulu41

call_of_ktulu41 New Member

Ho yes... The guys from tulasi make pretty good replicas of jacksons... im getting a kelly partly cos of the nice low action and mostly because of my main man Marty friedman.. I saw a KingV finished piece and it felt pretty good ...the neck is maple but pretty thin and those out there buying a V bewarned.. the edges will chip if you dont handle with care and you have to shove the V between ur legs if you want to sit and play (everyone here must be great guitar players but we all have to practise sometime right?) ... the pickups are ok... which is the only place where the compromise will come in.. but i dont think ill know the difference between a seymour duncan and the pickup he uses ( apparently one made in S Korea.. but i dont know!) .. the original model doesnt have inlays so im getting sharkfin inlays .. its got 24 frets ( fretboard is rosewood) and the only other change that ive asked him to make is to shift the tone knob because my picking hand curls up .. ( not as much as marty though.. which is also why i thought id get this model) . The entire set cost me 10 K .. i get it by jan 30..
    I first thought id get a BC Rich Warlock.. but i dont know anyone whos's played one.. PS : Is there a Jayanth here? His photo's in tulasi!

15. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Me also waiting for him to finish a RR3 copy.
    Dunno exactly how long it will take - form past ppl's experience they say it will take close to Jan end; may B the same time as yours.
    Infact d00d can I have your yahoo/msn ID? PM me.

n oh yeah Call of Ktulu is one of teh most wonderful piece of music. (and the first I learnt on Guitar)

Jayanth usd to be here on IGT earlier.

16. chintan9

:shock:

HAHAHAHAahaaa

17. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

@Ktulu : Thats my photos you saw there.. Ha ha ha.... I'm Jay...

Anyways hows Venky??

Also ask him if he wants Perfect Kelly measurements.. I have a Kelly.. So i can give him EXACT measurements..

18. call_of_ktulu41

call_of_ktulu41 New Member

venkoba is chilling ...
    i have a few questions abt the kelly. though . does the extra bit sticking out on the top left on the body of the guitar affect ones picking... im so paranoid abt the balance too... is the kelly very heavy?... im developing cold feet ..so i just asked him to make the fretboard cos im not so sure abt the kelly now...
    besides the kelly is so flashy... i mean everyone knows Marty 'owns' the kelly and im NOT marty ... a lot of friends have told me to dump the kelly and go for the ibanez satch model or the les paul double cut..
    Indecisiveness is a vice.
    @jayanth how are the pickups and what processor do you play it through?

19. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

^^ That Extra bt is not a discomfort at all.. Dont worrk.. YOu can play it as you play any guitar..
    Balance is fine.. That extra bit makes up the balancing act.. Keeps the neck hign and its easy to play it.. Kelly is deadly dude.. If i didnt own the Kelly, I would have preferred it over my Randy Rhoads series...

Dude Kelly IS fine.. YOu dont need to worry much..

Pickups on the Kelly : Tonezone Neck and Evo Bridge.. Play it thru a Boss - GT8 + Wah pedal..

20. nilu_nirvana

nilu_nirvana New Member

The fact that jacksons are made in India IS correct, albeit only the JS series.
    The JS 20, JS30DK, JS 30DKT...all are made in India...

Harmony in Chennai does the job...dont know about the quality issues though...