Jackson made in India?

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by call_of_ktulu41, Dec 13, 2005.

1. call_of_ktulu41

call_of_ktulu41 New Member

Uhm.. I was planning on buying a jackson dinky/rhoads... but in most of the reviews i read that the dinky was made in india?
    Does Jackson get their Dinkys done here?

2. sanjivdas

sanjivdas New Member

Dude, they are made in your city. I'm not sure if they are Dinkys, but Jacksons are. Tansen is / used to be OEM for Jackson, if I'm not off the mark.

3. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

Now Harmony does it.. Thats all.. But there are MADE IN US Jacksons too..

Tansen used to make look alikes..

4. abhijitnath

abhijitnath Fighting GAS frantically

They didnt make look alikes
    They had a bonafide Jackson OEM factory where they made the lower priced Jackson lines..like Fender gets Squiers made in lower cost destinations.
    They also sold some of them locally without the Jackson decal at lower cost...for eg the Tansen I have has a Jackson licenced Floyd Rose..which you cant buy in the market and is only used on Jacksons own products.

5. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

Yup it used to be made by their indian OEM .. Tansen .. But now the deal is off ... as the quality of tansen was supposedly bad .........

6. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

Harmony is continueing that trend though...

7. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

Hey wansnt Harmony some way related to Tansen ....... As i Remember today they make custom made tansen stuffs .........
    Do ya ppl think Tulsi dude can get some partnership with some big brand ????

8. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Tulasi has a 1 room shop and small workshop...his stuff is hand crafted..any big brand would need mass production...

9. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

What you have heard is absolutely incorrect my friend. There is no jackson manufactured here niether there any dealers around. You can get a copy of jackson from Tulsi etc...

You can get one through your friend in US. If you are getting Jackson DXMG Dinky then its too good. I was early going for it but had to later settle down with Ibanez S470DX. By settle down ..i didnt mean compromised. :)

10. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

u do get REAL jacksons in Mumbai
    go 2 bajaoo.com.
    they hav the DXMG. But I did mail them for better models like the Dk2 Dinky and the RR3
    and btw , their owner is Ashu from Liquid Groove ( I prefer to call him Govinda !!!!! )

11. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

^^ arre.its .ashu from groovelab and xenon.

12. wamz

wamz New Member

hi every 1 m new in the forum so i need the piece of aadat by jal plz post it
    :)

13. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

harmony took over Tansen.. Kind of.. Tulsi will not get any such deals.. There are million better ones in and around the world... right?

And @ Fictional : YOu are wrong.. Jacksons and spares were manufactured by Tansen.. I got a spare neck from them.. I know them wuite well too..

14. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

Yup millions better in and around the world ... But not in India for sure !
    But thanks for the info of harmony and tansen .......

15. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

No problem.. I've seen Bobby'd guitars , Some Kolkatta custom guitar, Tulsi( alot) So I'm convinced that Tulsi is by far the best among these people...

16. cyclonetrap

cyclonetrap New Member

YES and NO

Well dudes ... Jackson Dinky is no way made in INDIA . I got it from Bajaoo.com and looking and playing it i know its not made in INDIA . I had contacted a official Jackson US dealer @ www.stevesmusiccenter.com . I got the information on what is made where . The JS series necks are made in INDIA by some company and shipped to Japan for assembly . The MG series is entirely Made in JAPAN . The Professional are made in Both the US and Japan whereas The USA select series are made in US . The Dinky is a outstanding piece of metal . Try it out and u will know .

for eg: I first wanted the JS30 RR Rhoads -- i contacted every shop / dealer in INDIA up2 hongkong !! Many told me tht they could arrange it but at a bad price as most of the parts are made in INDIA . The fretboard and the V body along with the finishes are made outside .

17. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

yeah i alwayz..recall him as Govinda...haha

18. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

@Alfons ... hey dude, i got no trace of any bajaoo.com.

@hindirox....Are you nuts? jackson manufactured in India??? I can understand spare parts but the whole guitars?? All I heard from experts is that they are good in making jackson copies. I think one of the IGTian ordered a Les paul copy and a Rhoads copy too. dont make me laugh...

19. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

Dude.. Seriously have you seen the Tansen Production line? They make the whole of JS series in India..

I was offered the JS30RR when me bro went to the Guitar Center.. I actually wanted RX10D.. Upon enquery i found out that JS is MADE IN INDIA almost completely..

Except for Floyd Rose and Pickups..

20. cyclonetrap

cyclonetrap New Member

@Hindirox .. dude where is this Tansen Production line and ...... how much for the JS30 RR ????? Price going round up now is $299.99/- ..... any ways i cn get in touch with em ??