Jackson DKMG users??

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by Oliver Varier, Jun 28, 2006.

1. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

Active Pups run on bateries.. Passive dont..... They both have thier advantages and disadvantages....

Its generally a prefrence issue ...
    EMG has recently started makeing Pasive pickups (HZ line of pickups)... They are better known for thier ACTIVE pickups... 81-85 ext.... ( the pickups that Kirk Hammet, Zakk Wylde ext use.... also Caplton, Gilmour use thier active Single coil pickups).

Dimarzio, KenArmstrong Seymour Duncan ext make Passive Pickups ( though Duncan also makes a few Active Pickups like the Dave Mustaine pickups, Live Wire heavy Metal ext).

2. Johny Bravo

Johny Bravo The Boy Genius!

^^ In other words, active pickups have more gain, or powerful sound, while passive pickups are not that loud or sensitive. Try passive if ur a beginner, and then move to actives if u have enough control on the guitar & various accidental noises.

3. aysh

aysh -|h3 ori9in4| (ui!aris-|-

hmm got it , thanx both of u !

4. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

^^^^ yes And active can drive long chains of effects better..... I personaly prefer Passive,,,,, thiugh active have thier advantages as well

5. Oliver Varier

Oliver Varier New Member

@Johny Bravo, thanks for the suggestions, and abt Faraz, im not against him or his music, i liked his music, but not really inspired by that, may be i should listen more to his music. will do that. Hey abt the "Mr.", was just kidding man..

@Double click, thanks for the suggestion abt scheter, to be honest im not interested abt the scheter designs.

Will update soon...