I've Got the Blues

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by sridhar11_2, Nov 12, 2005.

1. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

Hello everybody. As you can see from the thread title i've got the blues and i love it. I have'nt seen many people saying the same thing so just wanted to check out how many of us love songs that start with the lyric 'My baby left me'.
    My Top 10 blues players in no particular order are:-
    Stevie Ray Vaughan
    B.B.King
    Muddy Waters
    John Lee Hooker
    Eric Clapton
    Jeff Beck
    Jimmy Page
    Albert King
    Robert Johnson
    Jimi Hendrix

2. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

I would say I am in the process of getting the blues:p:..started listening a few months ago..then saw the videos of Crossroads 2004 and SRV live at Tokyo'84..
    All I can say is :nw::nw:...you might wanna check out Robert Cray and Buddy Guy too..have seen only some concert footage of these guys but its great stuff..

3. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

I was never into Blues but always into Blues influenced Rock.
    Here's my list

Jimmy Hendrix
    Clapton
    Jimmy Page
    SRV
    Blackmore (Yes. Check out his stuffs and you will know the amount of Blues influence)
    Tony Iommi (Other than the dark diffs, he's not much difference from Hendrix or Page)

I guess that's it.

Anyway check this guy Jonny Winter. He was a real futuristic player. Simply mind blowing. You wont believe that he played those things in the 60s.

4. jekyll

jekyll Banned

I am more into blues-rock n blues metal ... not exactly the pure blues or jaz-blues ....

but i liek it if being played ...

5. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

i love the blues..

lol..i just made a song which starts with those exact words..
    MY BABY JUST LEFT ME...hahahah.it has to be the most cliched blues lyrics ever.

6. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

Tony Iommi is actually very bluesy but he plays too fast through it. You should check out his solo for Blue Suede shoes with ozzy in '69 (have the video).

The Best blues singer in my opinion is B.B.King

7. jekyll

jekyll Banned

check out his leads in "Heart like a Wheel"
    from Black Sabbath album Seventh Star ("featuring Toni Iommi") <--- LMAO well that was teh way it was written on the album cover ...

8. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

That was a big controversy. Tony Iommi wanted to do a Solo album but he had this Black Sabbath project too with all new members

Glenn Hughes - Vocals
    Dan Spitz - Bass
    Eric Singer - Drums

But the producer convinced him to record only as Black Sabbath. Iommi agreed with a condition that he will have it as Featuring Tony Iommy. The funny thing is the other band members weren't aware of the fact. All the guys got psyched out and quit. So the next line up was totally different.

9. jekyll

jekyll Banned

but in any case My Fav Black Sabbath album remains "Cross Purpose" :p: :grin: