Is it safe to buy through bajaoo.com?

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by D_minor7, Jul 14, 2008.

1. D_minor7

D_minor7 New Member

hi guys,
    i am sure a lot of you must have heard of bajaao.com...india's answer to musicians's friend and zzsounds....i want to know if its safe to buy from there?....i am looking at a guitar and an amp purchase.....it would be great if people who have bought from there actually tell us about their experiences....i havent heard good reviews...have heard of huge delivery delays and defective instruments being delivered....Anyone heard something to the contrary?....

2. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

I had delivery delay but the item was great quality..

3. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Its safe.
    But I've not taken delivery of large items like guitar or amps - so dunno about that.

4. rohit

rohit New Member

i had ordered jim dunlop picks from bajaao.
    no delivery delays.

i think it's safe to even order guitar,amp ,processor,etc.

5. zak*wylde

zak*wylde New Member

The quality of product and delays depend upon various factors.For example if u order from a locality where the weather is not good,the transport can get stuck leading to delays. And as for the quality of product it kinda depends upon the mode of transport(If u order a guitar and it comes in a truck through a harsh terrain.....there are chances of guitar getting minor scratches or something.......this goes for all the online shopping sites.......be it music instruments or something else

6. highwalker

highwalker New Member

Yes!

I ordered my processor and strings(had some delays, but not something I would bitch about tho). Actually the same guy who is on the customer support number came to deliver (late night like at nearing 11pm). There are no trucks to deliver in Mumbai itself, but then out of mumbai it would be different I guess... :)

7. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

I live in Mumbai, so I had no issues with Delay. Would I order again from them YES, it was pleasure to do business with them. I must say I asked alot of Q to the point of probably annoying them.
    Regarding delay and transport. I have been in the courier and cargo industry since the last 11 years and I know what delay is and the casues of it. I am very sure they pack their/ your stuff well when it is going to be couried and transported out of Mumbai. Delay is caused because of a number of resaons. Many times it is even out of the hands of the Courier company that means even if Bajaao has shipped it out and handed it to the courier guys other factors such as bad weather, delay in flights, delay in loading, offloading off cargo count. This is something I wont hold Bajaao responsible for nor the courier company. I cant bitch abouth it and say Bajaao delayed it. I am sure they ship things out as soon as posible.
    For the records I bought a guitar from them. Iwas very sceptical because I was buying with out trying the guitar. But hey They took the trouble of setting up the guitar. It was ready to play out of the case.