Is he nuts ???

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by alpha1, May 12, 2006.

1. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

LOL
    But did you see that he has almost fetish for tone.

You cannot get any difference in tone by putting stomp box on slighly raised platform.
    You cannot get a perceivable difference in tone by using batteries of different brands.

2. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

Lolz...i dont know how to react. I have seen while i was performing people actually thought dat i was playing smoothy when actually i had missed couple of notes!! I mean how ignorant are they, i am not saying they are fools and you can fool them however i wanna say that you really have to sound good and perfect if audiences are aware of music (i mean music) or maybe go for it if you really want to sound that way no matter what others think.

I haven't heard stuffs from Eric however I dont think its a waste of time to experiment such things for a true musician.

3. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

thats just idealistic not realistic.

4. debankan

debankan The bassist from hell

Yeah he is nuts. No doubt about it.

5. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

Bloom is a much more spontaneous album compared to his previous efforts...(particularly Venus Isle). It's nice to see him NOT striving for absolutely perfect tone. There are also some beautiful songs on that album such as 'Sad Legacy', 'Your Sweet Eyes', the title track, 'Columbia' and 'Hesitant'.

6. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

Me too

Prince rocks

7. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

Very Cute sunny boy, but I only want to sound like myself, not like anyone else, and you never know I may be close enough already. Will keep you posted once I get those custom shop pickups and cables I've ordered. You go ahead and sound like eric Johnson if it gives meaning to your life. Some of us have plenty of that to go around.

Nevertheless, that's some pretty useful info. Thanks

8. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

Dude, read the thread title.