Iron maiden

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by JAZZ, Oct 12, 2005.

1. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

lets discuss abt this band .....with its own style and uniques kind of double lead duets... :cool:
    i never understood who actually plays the leads,rhythms and Vocals
    i wanna know abt this band and thier musik ,and evolution of this band!!!!

2. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

tell wuts albums and songs do u like ???

3. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

Iron Maiden - They are on of the 3 bands I idolize... (others being KISS and Death)
    The reason??? Sublime and supreme music quality... totally ingenious...

Apart from Virtual XI (which I've not heard), and some songs from The X Factor, I like each and every Maiden track... right from Iron Maiden to Dance of Death...

Nicko's drum-work is good, and Adrian, Janick and Dave are too good... (esp. Dave)
    Bruce "Air-Raid Siren"... who can go higher??? (For each and every song?)
    Steve Harris = Bass demon...

Iron Maiden = One of the best ever performers and musicians to ever hit the stage...

4. jekyll

jekyll Banned

here this will help:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Maiden_(band)

apart from that
    there are currently three guitarists (all are lead guitarists - so they share their parts in leads n rhythms) in Iron Maiden (was founded by the bassist Steve Harris)
    • Adrian Smith - was an original member (but he came in a little later than others), usually his playing style is a little different from normal minor scale and pentatonic runs - and his solos are more vivid than fast, he left the band but then returned
    • Dave Murray - was THE original member, usually his solos are more of licks based on minor scale and pentatonic scale runs, personally i have found his solos are slightly faster than Adrian's but not as much vivid - in the sense the notes n pitch doesnot change very much
    • Janick Gers - came in as a replacement for Adrian Smith, i have not explored his style too much, but i feel his is more like Dave Murray
    anyway in the Albums: Dance of Death and Brave New World all the 3 guitarists play together ...

it is JUST awesome seeing their live performace ...

:nw:

:rock:

5. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

Iron Maiden are gods on stage....

sharon osbourne deserves to die....

6. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

Surprising thing that even many Maiden fans don't know is that today's Iron Maiden line-up contains none of the original members except for Steve Harris.

7. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

@dmf...except for harris AND MURRAY

anywayz....for me ...1 of the gr8test bands ever...

itz weird that the band waz made during the 70's yet their music seems 2 damn fresh 2 every1 ..hehe

fav songz...
    the trooper, hallowed by thy name, the wicker man, the number of the beast, ACES HIGH....these are just 2 name sum

8. guns_n_gore

guns_n_gore hell raiser

bruce has the clearest voice which u dont find in rock
    leads are kick ass,drums are killer
    overall
    they :rock: :rock: :rock:
    fav songs the no of beast,run to the hills,bring ur daughter

which is the best IM song
    i think its fear of the dark

9. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

im borne to serve iron maiden!............borne to listen to their songs!.............borne to attent their concert anywhere (in india)!

@dmf....really dickinsin ko kya hua?........did he return to his title band?and what abt janick gers....i love his guitaring....dancing and playing guitar ......really unique and tough!

@guns n gore.....i doubt that dude........i love scorpions vocalist who has cotta much more clearer voive and cutting edge!:rock:

10. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

@Alfons: Dave Murray is not an original member (close but not quite). Steve Harris founded the band and its original line-up consisted of the following:

Paul Day - Vocals
    Terry Rance - Guitar
    Paul Sullivan - Guitar
    Steve Harris - Bass
    Ron Rebel - Drums

Granted that this line-up only played for a few months before Dave Murray was recruited instead of the guitarists alongwith one Bob D'Angelo, but still this was the very first Iron Maiden line-up having played songs such as 'Innocent Exile' which featured on the debut album.

@rocking_devil: Bruce Dickinson is not a founding member. He never sang on the first 2 records where vocals were done by one Paul Di'Anno. Janick Gers joined the band in 1990 replacing Adrian Smith who went off to do some solo work.

11. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

@all nice info ther.

the best song is Iron maiden, and fear of the dark (whut was the year of the song ???)

12. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

Fear of THe Dark in 1991.. methinks...
    Nice album overall... I liked the other stuff they did on it, like Wasting Love and Weekend Warrior... something not all that Maidenish...

13. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

fuk man.....i cnat believ maiden 's line up changed.....fuk*!

fuk man, i sound like asmo!:rule: