ipod video vs ipod nano

Discussion in 'Computer Forum' started by shak, Mar 16, 2006.

1. shak

shak Harrr!

so .. i got myself a video ipod as well .. and here is a short review ..

:screen:

ipod video is a hands down winner here .. the screen on video is brilliant .. its brighter than the nano . .and has a much higher resoloution . .watchin video is like dream . the contrast is good as well . .the only problem that i can point out is that the black colour is a bit dodgy .. it kinda reflects the light .. so if you look at the screen from an angle. . anything that is black wont look black to you .. it would reflect light and give hues of grey and white ...

:controls:

here nano is the winner .. the controls of the nano are just right . the centre button and the the click wheel buttons have a very nice feel to them .. in video ..the buttons are much more rigid and "big" .. i mean .. when you press em .. they go quite deep .. thats a nag for me atleast .. the clickwheel on nano is alos a bit more sensitive than video .. and needless to say just the right size ... cuz on video the wheel's diameter is so large that when you move your thumb around it gets difficult to hold the ipod and move the thumb at the same time ..

:sound quality:

both seem to be quite reasonable .. i couldnt find any difference .. however the sound quality in video seems to have a slight edge ..

:response time: .

again nano is the winner .. .boasting a flash based memory . .the response time is very quick . .no skipping no buzzing no humming . in video . you can hear/feel teh hard disk's seeker trying to cope with your on the move demands .. and at night it can be a nag .. especially if you are like me and like to keep your ipod under your pillow

:size:

nano winner again .. i just love that little rascal..

:conclusion:

get a nano . .forget the video .. it isnt the true video ipod anyway .. wait for it .. apple is soon to release a true video ipod .. wit 4 inch screen .. and touch screen control .. no more messy clickwheels .... :D

2. sanju_strings

sanju_strings 50 Pai$e <3V/S<3 50 CeNt$

luks gud, how much did u pay?

3. shak

shak Harrr!

139 pounds for the nano, 209 pounds for the video ...

4. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

Why in lord's name did you buy both?

5. shak

shak Harrr!

^ giving the nano away to my girl .. and the video was supposed to be the replacement .. but i reckon i'll keep nano and give her the vid pod ..

6. d_ist_urb_ed

^Jesus, can i be your girl for a day?

7. shak

shak Harrr!

^ anytime mate hahaha!

8. d_ist_urb_ed

^:grin: Throw in a spin in the car and we have a deal!

9. sanju_strings

sanju_strings 50 Pai$e <3V/S<3 50 CeNt$

:)

wat do u say is it wrth?

wer d u get it pc wrld?

m planing to buy 1 soon:banana:

10. shak

shak Harrr!

well ... nano is worth it .. now you can get a nano for 109 pounds as well ... thats 1gb model .. will hold upto 250 songs .. 2gb holds all my favs with one audiobook and 500 photos with ease ..

dont get it from pcworld/argos/frasier/amazon ... get it from the proper apple retail .. if possible .. or if you cant .. then yeah ... dixons/pcworld/amazon/argos are good choices ..

11. shak

shak Harrr!

or if you like video wait for the new version .get that .

12. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

nicely reviewed....

but Im satisfied with my W800i :grin:

13. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

No, both ipods arent trend driven objects.

14. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

i have a 60 gb video and a nano and i think video ipod is much better because it can store a lot. i have 127 music videos 15 movies and 5000 songs

15. d_ist_urb_ed

Thank you for that information.

16. shsnawada

How is this not an opinion based thread?

17. d_ist_urb_ed

Good point, i guess the only thing i can say in my defense is that we can compare two mechanical components based on their specifications rather than pitting two people's "talents" against one another.

18. shsnawada

^ True. Good point. (i hadnt thought about that)

19. d_ist_urb_ed

^Clean up your inbox mate :grin: :beer:

20. shsnawada

Done :beer: