Introduction To Rock

Discussion in 'Music Reviews, Albums, Biography etc' started by Bandbaaja, Jan 4, 2005.

1. guns n roses

guns n roses Pro Guitarist

^ i got that issue. Its true led zeppelin put together aLL the instruments used in Rock today.

2. Bandbaaja

Bandbaaja Pronounced Band Baaaa Ja

NO WAY :( I spent quite a few hours compiling this list, and even the small writeups per band is by ME :(
    But well these are all record breaking albums during their time, so obviously will be a part of some list somewhere.
    This list is very passionate and close to me since I started off in an almost similar fashion.
    I am going to send this to Narendra Kusnoor (Mid-Day), to get his review on the same.

3. guns n roses

oh ok thats cool. Good list tho. Its the first REAL list that classifies REAL albums. Even if some are missing. GREAT LIST.

4. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

listen to the radio guys... if u r in idnia listen to some internet rock station..

one needs the randomness to get initiated..

5. bravo

bravo New Member

Led zeppelin rules the rock
    they were the father of rockers
    they r amazing even after 30 -40 yrs

Metallica also Rulez

6. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

well ur rite Led zep rules

7. KnightRider

KnightRider New Member

amazing thread bandbaaja... that must have taken a lot of time and effort... u really deserve credit...
    and also... thanks for mentioning dire straits... very few ppl appreciate or understand the amazing guitar techniques of mark knopfler... its very nice to see it in u'r thread

8. 6String_assasin

6String_assasin The Painkiller

listening to internet radio stations is one good idea.

9. alex

alex New Member

:rock: awesome thread mann!! this really is introduction to rock - great effort , includes lot of my favourites as well. The order is great and you rocks!! bandbaja ................... :rockon:

eagerly awaiting for the concluding part ......................!!!!!!!!!!

theguitaristofm likes this.
  10. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

well acording to the Recording Association of America
    the best band of all time r

1.The beatles
    2 . Led Zeppelin

11. Bandbaaja

Uh... what concluding part???

12. Bandbaaja

oh ok, if you are referring to a list of more exquisite stuff.
    Yes I am planning on that too.
    will post it as a new thread sometime this week maybe

13. guns n roses

Recording of America?
    never heard of it.

hate the beatles. (with the exception of "the walrus")
    And yes Lz is good. :sigh:

14. Bandbaaja

forgive them my lord, for they know not what they haven't heard

15. rabi_sultan

rabi_sultan <Bulla Ki Jana>

You made the biggest criminal act in leaving out what is regarded one of the greatest ever rock ballad albums EVER produced.

Derek and the Dominoes - 1970.
    Little Wings, Have You Ever Loved A Woman, Bell Bottom Blues, Nobody Knows You When You're Down and Out, I Looked Away and of course Layla

Also the Hendrix albums were VERY influential to guitarists, if you need to provide the QUOTE YOURSELF "Shahrukh, the idea is to introduce people to REAL RAW ORIGINAL ROCK MUSIC, so its obviously going to be nostalgic" so where are the Hendrix albums?

Furthermore to that the Steppenwolf album that contains Born To Be Wild is also a very influential album as are one or two of the Bob Dylan albums.

From my view you have a decent list but not a good one.

16. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

there is no decent.. no good .. no bad.. and yea of course..
    there is no spoon
    when i was growing up.. my intiation to "foreign" music was boney m
    night flight to venus rasputin etc :p:
    then michael jackson (thankfully thriller which is an all time classic record)
    the madonna
    i have no clue how i ended up playing classic rock after such an initiation :)

17. Bandbaaja

Rabi
    Thanks for your time and the feedback.

Though I never wrote this article for a feedback, and also I had clearly mentioned that my view will obviously not correspond equally to another ardent rock fan's views.

Also my last paragraph goes as follows:
    That’s it then, but please note I’ve left out a few hundred bands and a few hundred albums which I regret myself, but then I guess 22 are enough to kick start your own research on this beautiful subject. Some acts I personally like but are not mentioned here are Rolling Stones, The Who, Cream, Uriah Heep, Yes, Emerson Lake & Palmer, T-Rex, Supertramp, Black Sabbath, Grateful Dead, Credence Clearwater Revival, Jimi Hendrix, Wings, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Queen, Rush, Steely Dan, Traffic... Long live Rock n’ Roll

I personally felt that the HENDRIX sounds and chord progressions were too complicated for a beginner to adapt to (again this is my personal view). Also a good appreciation of BLUES generally sets in later.

Again, I dont expect feedback, its just my personal view and ardent rock fans can easily skip this topic or start a thread of their own :)

18. rabi_sultan

rabi_sultan <Bulla Ki Jana>

your right in that naming 22 albums is too difficult and in reality you should have at least 50 named albums instead. In any case another album to add to the listen list would be The Clash - London Calling and The *** Pistols - Never Mind The Bollocks Here's The *** Pistols

19. Bandbaaja

Here I Completely Agree With You
    I have missed out the punk era
    Apologies.........

Guys viewing this thread can please check out the 2 punk albums mentioned by rabi.
    Super stuff!!! These two bands started the punk era in UK

20. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

hey man what about early 80s?
    u missed that too. nightranger loverboy etc they were the inspirations for bon jovi van halen etc u hardly hear them in india. all the classics.