Indians Mess It again ...

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by Nanda, Aug 10, 2005.

1. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

Yest match was such an easy win for India ... And India as before are getting more and more famous for losing matches that u've won ....

What the Hell was Dhoni keeping ... And his batting ... He was padding everything and playing like a tail ender ... Bet it Venky Prasad wud have played better ...

Every one were ok except for Dhoni .. what was he trying ... Such negetive mind set ... He was playing it as if its a test macth ... Doubt his future with this attitude ..

Whatdya ppl hav 2 say bout yest's game ...

2. cYpHeR

cYpHeR Banned

wats new...they always screw-up in da finals......neways im glad coz i won a bet... :)

3. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

No one was ok except Sehwag ...

it is fucking indian policy to play slowly in the begining, in order to preserve the wickets ...

duh, they should search historical archives to see how many times has such a strat worked ...
    Sri Lanka (when they were in their prime) i.e. around World Cup 96 (i hope am correct with the year) used to have perfect strategy for everything ...
    and they won the world cup with such an ease ... no one cud offer them eve nslightest challenge ...

their main strat ? ... blast 'em in the first 15 overs ... score as much as possible ...
    achievements: 100-150 runs in first 15 overs

pressure during the rest of the match - negligible ...

but for that u need to have pretty good batters even among the bowlers ...

4. cYpHeR

cYpHeR Banned

yea....if dravid had played a little faster (69 of 99 balls wtf)....scored atleast 20 runs more we wud have won.....

5. mr singh

mr singh New Member

dravids gud, but he only starts hittin the damn ball wen its about 40 overs gon, he keeps his wicket, and thats wht makes him useful in our one day squad. but yes i do agree that dravid does need 2 score faster in odi's and in general.

6. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

Hey wht bout ganguly if u balme Dravid !!!! .......
    Dravid is ok ... But his strike rate is 70 (which is not bad) coz he bats when there is major pressure ... whn all bugger have gone back ...

7. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

^^^ a big nope!!!

such guys are useless in One Day cricket ... mebbe they were revered in the era of 60 over one day when the max score used to be something like 200-220 ...

not any more ...

dravid might be good for test cricket ... put him there ... so that he can play his cricketing shots ...

8. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

True, but if he had scored faster his score might not have reached 69. He played as the situation required.

I can't really find fault with the team composition here...they played with the best possible combination and they just lost. That's all there is to it. They were greatly missing Sachin who really adds depth to the team being the sort of allrounder he is which is why they had to go with 5 bowlers. If they hadn't, the Sri Lankans might have had comfortably over 300.

So he had a bad match....it's not like the others were on song. Doubting his future is silly on the basis of this one match....we were all singing praises of his efforts against the West Indies. As for his playing dot balls, God knows if he had stayed there he could double his strike rate in a couple of overs.

15 overs 99 runs for one wicket is slow???

What if you know the wicket is tricky and will ease up towards the end of the innings? Would you rather take risks and risk getting out or try to battle it out knowing that you can accelerate later? A single minded strategy does not work in every situation. Of course, it is their attempt to get as many runs but it is not always possible.

9. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

wtf? Have you not seen him bat in recent times? He has been Indias best one day batsman after Sachin and Sourav for some time now....and he's been the best since Sachins injury.

According to your statement, the following people do not have a place in any One Day side:

Rahul Dravid
    Damien Martyn
    Mahela Jayawardane (ironically, the Man of the Series)
    amongst other greats.

10. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

Dude if ur eqation is true ... Who will play for inidia ????

Name a replacement for Dravid the GOD !!!!

Dravid id the best india has seen in last 2 - 3 years he has played better than Sachin and Saurav in the last 2- 3 years in both forms of the game ...

He si the best india has had ...

11. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Indian Cricket Team is busy modelling for ads and other commercials. Where the hell will they have time to play cricket. Moreover cricket is played outdoors in the sun which might expose their gentle skin to the harmful UV rays and might cause wrinkles. These dudes are into skin business now, so they cannot waste their damn time in the sun.
    Indian Cricket Team is busy practising the Clap Dance Game (Hijda).

12. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

and you are busy practicing how to be part of the news channels "Match ka Mujrim" episode. Has anyone seen this and marvelled at the fact that these people and Bedi can actually be that stupid. I initially thought they were paying people to act like this. How Bedi became a captain with an attitude like that, I'll never know.

You do know that players are not allowed endorsement campaigns during their training and fitness camps? The rest of their time is their free time and who the fock are you to decide what they do with it? Wouldn't you accept a contract if they offered you money to advertize a product?

Anyone who doubts the cricketers commitment to the team makes my blood boil. Can't you understand that in an evenly matched contest, one team has to lose? It is people like you who give Indian cricket fans a bad name.

13. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

Hey Bedi reminded me of the ****o Mandira Bedi ha ha.....

14. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

that was possible only due to sehwag ... he got my credit for that in one of my previos posts ...

15. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

well all this is bound to happen if u popularise a game so much that it becomes part and parcel of everyone's life ...

dont get mad ...

16. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

What? The cricketers went from door to door asking that their houses be painted black when they failed in the world cup?

and I'm not actually angry...it's just an irritating thing to see and hear.

yes, but you see Sehwag does not win or lose the match. The team does. It is obviously a team strategy at work and if they have 100 runs in 15 overs, your team has done its job. I wouldn't ask for more.

17. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

indian fans are still more in control than Pak fans or the famous British soccer fans ...
    or even more Latin American soccer fans (one dude was killed by a "fan" due to failure in world cup)

18. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Mandira Bedi has dedicated herself to the Cricketers. And the Cricketers are having fun. For guys who said Indian Team sucks, they actually do and you also whom do they do :p:

19. cYpHeR

cYpHeR Banned

in dat case mandira besi also sucks ;)

20. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

that would luuk cute ... she sucking ... LOL