Indian rock versus Paki rock

Discussion in 'Hindi Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by infinite aaz, Jun 1, 2005.

1. infinite aaz

infinite aaz Member

hi indies, everybody talks about, the indian rock versus paki rock, be a judge and justify who is best, when u heard old indian melodies, u can hear very melodic guitar pieces, the acoustic ones, some of them r so fast a person who is playing for two years cannot play like this, but come to electric one, theres no guitarist in subcontinent like Aamir zaki, and o one can play as fast as Faraz anwar, talking about melodies the melodies of vital signs r so strong that still indies copy them and then theses melodies r copied by paki film industry amazing (is'nt it) now back to videos the videos lke of talaash by junoon, waqt by ep, jana janah by vital signs set standards, but for the case of indies i havenot saw a single video by indies rock ( if.......its classified) without bitches, even u r talking about injustice still u put a bitch in it with its so called traditional outlook, and the paki teens newly born (so called) musician tries there every effort to get excess of indies seen to get hold of such bitches and to certain extent they succeeded, when return back home says indians ko music ke kadar ha, what so amazing, tiny toons u r so .................. :eek:: oooops i have a questionis there any instrumental by a indi rocker? or is there any established rock band in india last week it happens i put on my t.v it was a msic channel and a indian rock concert was on its way there comes a band having seen member every body holding a guitar bu ihardly heared any proper guitar vocalist was uselessly playing power chord and his voice was far behind the distorted guitar i think it was not properly tune (i suppose) and the drummer woh he was beating the drums like the empty ghee can, and when the song ended my friend said is it the end, ha hah and then he strarted teasing the guitar and the drummer the drum kit oh God have nercy on the bazabanns and when the concert ended no one cheers even those who were attending it, there was i think 100 or so audianca and after few minutes i come to know that it is the battle of the band compitition and all the audiance is the contestents wow, any ways :rockon: indies somebody in the igt fouram said theres no rockband in pakistan who can sing in english i must says music needs no laguage it is the feeling man of any civilization and language can understand it through strong media u can capture the audiance, but not the true essence of the matter :p:

2. yoja

yoja New Member

umm have to agree that Paki Rock band Junoon is best

I like Junoon - Sayonee, Yaar Bina

Amazing Guitar in Yaar Bina.......

Also there was / is a recent controversy regarding music rights of a Paki song 'Woh Lamhe' by Atif Aslam or Jal or....

This song was copied or rather inspired into a Bollywood phillum Zeher and again remixed...which is catching everywhere in India

Too bad that the group Jal is not getting credits for that

Paki groups / artists i've heard music of
    Strings
    Junoon
    Haider Ali

Any more suggestions!!!!

3. infinite aaz

infinite aaz Member

junon the led zep

yeah brother i consider junon as led zeppelin and vital sign as the beetle of the subcontinent

4. cYpHeR

cYpHeR Banned

@infinite-there is a diff forum to discuss this stuff......i guess u shud use tht.....
    @yoja--there was big controversy behind jal and the copied music in movie zeher.....there are other paki bands which are really good...there is mekkal hassan band....entity paradigm messiah and many more.....try googling them ull get sm nice info..

5. yoja

yoja New Member

u had mentioned Aamir Zaki...but his homepage doesnot open
    [EDIT]
    Sorry!! got lots of links.....had to google for Aamir Zaki instead of Amir !!!!!!
    Rock on!!!
    [/EDIT]

u have anylinks where i can listen / read abt him and Faraz Anwar.

cheers

There was some other band which released a song in India and had some great shows recently....nice black and white video...cannot remember the name tho......

6. DesiPride143

DesiPride143 BEHAVE!

have u heard of Silk Route, Indian Ocean, Euphoria, Om- The fusion band, Lucky ali, oh btw...u r in a wrong forum to discuss this matter...

7. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

OOPS BUDDY ...

i have a collection of bands from the Gr8 indian Rock fest ...
    believe it man ... the bands are far superior to the trashy american or european bands we come across nowadays ...

we have rock fests regularly in India (especially at all the IITs) ... the bands that come produce music that is as good as the original ...
    u musta got some crap on TV ... that's waht is being played anyway on all Indian channels nowadays ...

u want real Indian rock music ... contact me ... or the GIR ppl ... and u'll know the class n quality ...

8. infinite aaz

infinite aaz Member

i respect u alot indi guys but man why ur rocker r upfront like pakis, why ur media donot support them r they cover bands or so, they should come on the media like a man why the media is surrounded by....................

9. DesiPride143

DesiPride143 BEHAVE!

because indian public likes "dhimchik dhimchik" kinda music and dat's wot media give them....

10. sonti_in

sonti_in New Member

although it is not the correct forum as suggested by few members, i would like to echo desi pride's last post .... i had an affiliation with the mumbai-based metal band named sceptre (the lead singer was my guitar teacher) and was a frequenter to the mumbai metal circuit .... and, there are some really good bands who still produces original scores with groovy metal licks that .... but, most of this bands are plagued by financial crisis as they cannot secure any sponsors .... mtv, channel v, blah blah are deep into the remix stuff and that is what majority ppl takes .... also, the audiences to the metal n hard-rock stuff is also a cross-section of the ppl ....

11. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

whoa a long dead thread ...

dudes ... if we have to look into indegenous rock then i guess those Pak bands may win hands down ... coz most of their compilations are incorporating folk and pop and desi music ...

however, if we come to the hardcore ROCK arena ... indian bands are far superior ...

the reason y rock is not that pop is coz of media ... not the ppl ... ppl are very gullible ... u give them trash ... they start liking trash after 2-3 runs ...
    if u start playing rock music on Channel Pee and MTV ... ppl will at first be neutral .. then start accepting and then start liking ... this is my personal experience ... coz wen i was in hostel all the ppl in my wing were anti-rock ... they were hardcore "balle-balle" and "dhinchak-dhinchak" ppl ...
    slowly they transitioned (thanx to me) ... and now rock is indispensable part of their lives ...

so popularising rock is possible ... only if media gives exposure ... once that is done ... money will also flow in ... but media doesnt venture into this coz currently it is not so lucrative ...

same thing in US ... y is hip-hop becoming so popular there?

12. LEFTY_GUITARIST

LEFTY_GUITARIST -= M®. §öU†|-|ÞäW =-

^^^^^^^try BANGLA ROCK baby's, india's only music tht's close to rock,.......REAL HARD ROCK............like FOSSILS, CACTUS,PRATISRUTI, LAKKHICHARA.........etc.

13. junoonist

junoonist New Member

Ofcourse Paki Rock is Best , India is good in PoP
    Junoon Rockzzz.....!

14. sixstringsin

sixstringsin ||||||

^^
    :rock:

15. .:VinAY:.

.:VinAY:. New Member

the discussion here makes a lot of sense. I quite like the fact tht paki bands play in Hindi/Urdu cos its quite unique and different. Im not much of a rock guy but from wad iV seen at coll fests here in Mumbai i must say the scene is quite happening

16. DRBILLA

DRBILLA New Member

yar PAKIZZZZZZZZZ are superior in rock and in pop as well. Indies need much time to catch them. the pop in India is just bcoz of their videos full of bitches.