Indian Captain for ICC Cricket World Cup 2007 - SOURAV GANGULY or RAHUL DRAVID ???

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by paranoid13rohan, Jul 26, 2006.

?

Dada or Dravid ???

1. Sourav Ganguly

17 vote(s)
    73.9%
  2. Rahul Dravid

6 vote(s)
    26.1%
  1. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

^^^^I used to watch it untill very recently..... So it still hurts ....

2. ^ are yaar sugata...kya pharak padta hai....what we want..its not sourav or rahul..we want india to win the world cup.....if sourav can bring it...i want him to be captain if not than rahul obvious...cuz i know he is really putting his efforts..... we have already given a chance to sourav...

3. bsharp

bsharp New Member

Rahul Dravid is a great batsman but not all good batsmen can lead the team well.... A leader is required who can really make the team perform as a whole...
    And by no way Sourav can be blamed as a non performer...
    Just being not in the form at a particular time of his career cannot conclude that he is a non performer as some one has said in this thread... Pls have a look at his records... He didn't make those runs playing cricket on PC ..right ?
    Moreover let me say ....
    the last two innings in tests that he played..in both of them he made 40+ runs...
    He was taken as an all rounder and was not given an over to ball and even after making 40 odd runs in both innings including taking a good catch..he was removed from the side.... So what more harm can a player face... The M...F***ng Kiran More.... is the biggest A...s H...le.... along with Chappel who destroyed the career of such a good player....

Guys tell me .....how can a player like Agarkar come into the side so often...instaed of bull shit performances very often... (only at times he gets lot of whkts but that too at the cost of lots of runs...) ..
    In short India can never be a team like Australia... unless such filthy politics remains here.... Sourav's reign had shown great hopes and the last world cup proved the same but now.....the team really suxx... and will continue like this......

!!!! Sorry for being a bit slang and harsh. (***).... !!!!

4. paranoid13rohan

paranoid13rohan .: iNDiaN iDioT 3.0 :.

^^ agree with u, bsharp ...

5. rockbabun

rockbabun New Member

^^^^^^^ditto!!

6. .praj

.praj New Member

ganguly is not worth being a cricketer.. rahul dravid all the way..

7. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

hahahaha..

Remember wot bjr says...
    Pwned </3

8. light_of_erindi

light_of_erindi New Member

way too many bengalis here:).....how come none except the bengalis r protesting his removal...;)....face it...he's thru...and about sachin....yes...as harsh as it sounds...he is also done...he does put up a performance once in a while but the selectors can't make a ganguly outta him...:)...things move on...u can't rely on either of them forever

The reason Ganguly was thrown out was not as much him performance but his preferential treatment to some players ...he definitely lacks team spirit....I lost count of how many times he has got his partners run out ...

9. paranoid13rohan

if d no. of times 1 gets his partner run out counts ... then INZI wud hav been out of d PAKI team a decade ago ...

n bout ur comment bout ganguly's preferential treatment ... i've nevr heard or read bout such a thing

10. raviction

raviction Member

GANGULY no doubt the WORLD BEATER should be the captain if india wants to win the 2007 worldcup.....he has more experience than dravid and obviouslyt the better captain!!!!!!!!

11. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I'm not a Bengali and I am protesting his removal...

12. paranoid13rohan

thanx BJR ... this is the 1st time u said something good :)

Dravid being the captain = Anybody else in the team being the captain ...
    He just follows the coach's decision ... He hardly makes any of his own ...

Forget SOURAV GANGULY ...
    MOHAMMED AZHARUDDIN was a better captain than RAHUL DRAVID ...

13. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

yea, he could also fix matches, something which the other two cannot do. definitely more talented, azhar.

14. paranoid13rohan

@sayanDa ... no question bout Azhar as a captain ...

Remember India vs Sri Lanka match where India got 120 all out ...
    And Azhar started attacking from the very 1st over and got Sri Lanka 99 all out ...

well ... we r going a bit off topic ....

but my point is that Rahul Dravid can never take such bold decisions ...

15. light_of_erindi

That's exactly what he was talking about...:)...Ganguly I suspect was also in it big time...Cricket is just plain money politics off late....how did the BCCI ...which was so stubborn in defending One Day Cricket agreed to 20-20....That's because of sudden upsurge of interest in Football...That's exactly why it was introduced in the countries which currently play 20-20.

pht...I can't trust no one anymore.

16. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Not only is that statement baseless, it is also ridiculous if you look at it in terms of monetary interests. You're talking about a person whose family has been one of the wealthier ones in the city for quite a few generations. If his morals did ever sway, I doubt money would be enough to entice him.

I'm not saying that it's impossible that he was involved, I'm saying it's improbable.

No, this is the first time Im actually agreeing with you. There is a difference...and even so we're agreeing for different reasons.

17. ^ he is dying for fame..that's it he cant accept it that he is not a captain of indian team right now....i doubt he can come back and adjust himself with just a title of batsman...

18. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I didn't see him complaining when he got the chance to, did you?

19. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

Mr. Rahul Sarad Dravid is nothing but a self centred cowerd. He was thrown out of the Indian team by the selecters because he could not score runs and in one day matches, he was one of the horrible batsman around. Saurav had a fight with everyone and not only he brought Mr. Dravid back, but also given him the Wicket keeping option so that anyone could not throw him away again. Mr Dravid den became a world class batsman and after some years, he had a chance to show his cards and guess wot he did?? That's history....

20. light_of_erindi

Alright.....These debates never lead to convincing anyone.....he's done anyway...he asked to support the Rival candidate in CAB elections still Dalmiya wins....That explains who was running the show.....anyways...I concede...:)....be happy.