India WINS OLYMPIC BID!! for 2016!!!

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by Ankur_Scorpio, Apr 1, 2006.

1. Ankur_Scorpio

Ankur_Scorpio New Member

April Fool !! :p:

On a more serious note i really wanted to get ur views on wht u think r the chances?

Is India and particularly New Delhi ready to host as grand an event as Olympics?
    We have commonwealth coming up in 2010, but New Delhi has also filed its application for 2016 Olympics!

I am not sure if similar thread has been floated before...i guess i would know as soon as the "Thread Closed" sign is visible :p:

2. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

You are hereby condemned for creating a spam thread.

Take this as the final warning,

*Thread closed*

3. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

Now THats a good one.>>>:rock: On

4. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I really have no idea....but 10 years are enough to develop facilities.

5. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

Well, facilities can be developed but making india look attractive is going to take many more years or ridiculously disciplined people in major cities.

6. shak

shak Harrr!

its not only facilities that matter .. there is security, the transport system, feasability (considering the seasons + other variables), goverment support, the actual proposals from the local committee .. hmm .. pretty much to do .. will that be possible in 10 years? i think delhi *can* be a good competition .. but there must be a LOT to do ..

7. walk_alone

walk_alone **~~| An Atheist |~~**

well india as a olymic venue wd be interesting to see.
    i have smthng interesting.....all of us maybe aware of demolition drive and sealing off going on delhi gurgaon highway,govt. is planning to make a olympic size running track there.

atleast this is wat i came to know from so called sources.

8. Ankur_Scorpio

Ankur_Scorpio New Member

I agree, but i think Delhi Metro Project and its success is a good example that things can happen. At the start of this project i was very skeptical, but now other cities in india are taking a cue from it and thinking of their own transportation systems.

9. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

We are hosting the commonwealth arnt we? Perhaps another 10 years, we should be set by 2020.