India vs Pakistan (Test Series)

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by shyam, Apr 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shyam

shyam New Member

So we're one up.
    hehehe
    :)

2. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

:nw: To Dravid. THE BEST..

I'm Listening to

Another Brick In "THE WALL"

3. shyam

shyam New Member

The GrEaT Wall. And the Chinese thought they were the only one. Hehehe. :)

4. jayanth

Another Brick In "THE WALL"

Isint that the greatest song ever????

5. alli

alli The Best Ever

Thought in my head -

i wonder where this peace process will go with India playing so damn well. to come to think of it india playing so well is almost ruining our chances of getting peace bet. both these countries - it wuld be awesome if it was equal . but its still too early to say coz we got more tests to go and pak. culd get bck with a bang .

it started out all nice but now its getting meaner and although its not close to what relations used to be..it much much better....im still a bit edgy bout this "peace process" not working out.
    just the other day musharraf loked pretty pissed and he stated tht if the peace stuff does not find any action soon then its all gonna withdraw. not good at all.
    and when u c the way ppl. r celebrating in india sometimes ... its almost lke "chill down guys "... on the news u c ppl. shoutin out "we beat pakistan !!! finally !!!"" ...
    maybe im just overseeing a lot of the good things... but there still is a lot of underlying stuff tht eevry1's trying not to surface.

(fingers crossed_) hoping im wrong .

hmmmmm................:think:

6. prash_rocks

prash_rocks Over the Hills & Far Away

exactly my fear alli...

practically speaking, the 'goodwill' still seems to be only an ideal and spasmodically emotional one, if i can say.

on our side, it's still pretty easy to call it a 'goodwill series' cuz we're winning. but would we have maintained the 'goodwill' - whatever remains of it, considering what you say of people madly rejoicing is true - had we lost the one dayers and even the first test??

on the other hand, i understand the plight of the pakistanis... things would've been much easier with them had their team done better, at least fought better... so after the losses, pakis aren't to blame if the initial hype and the gala reception of the indians and their team is slightly subdued now... we understand this is natural...

and frankly speaking, i ever doubted the opinion of so many people that a _cricket_ series can help mend the dents that years of mutual dialogue and numerous attempts at reconciliation have failed to heal. it's more a matter of better understanding each other deep within oneself. and cricket and cinema and music... as things stand, they are too superficial and superfluous things to be trusted to do the job - try convincing the average indian or pakistani mind to enjoy the game in the pure sporting spirit, giving up his own egoistic attachment to his country's victory!

things like cricket are only passions and passions never worked to cleanse the blemishes of other and more darker passions... the domineering, egoistic, fighting human animal remains buried deep underneath, unyielding. it's that that has to be tamed within men in general for any lasting peace to happen.

but before that happens, i cross my fingers too, hoping some kind of real good emerges from this series and the ensuing talks and dialogues.

cuz we all on both sides of the border do love peace after all's been said and done!

:beer:

ps. damn i realise i've made some crass philosophy out of all this... hey when's the next match? ;)

7. shyam

shyam New Member

Post Edited by MOD

8. jayanth

Post Edited by MOD

9. alli

alli The Best Ever

Post Edited by MOD

10. jayanth

"Really people have the worst feelings about them."

I meant they have sad feelings. All my friends and I talk about is How Pakis and Ind together maybe would be a super power. I didnt mean Worst feelings as in Hatered. I made a grammer mistake. Sorry. SAD Feelings would be better. All Apologies please.

I have a family down there. How can you expect me to say that...
    I am blanking out the three posts. Shyam, Jayanth and Alli for Safety reasons

11. shyam

shyam New Member

eh guys, pm me with your reply who ever had something to say about my post.

12. shyam

shyam New Member

PS Jayanth. India ALONE has the capability to be a super-power.

13. jayanth

Lets not discuss this here. Its not the place.
    Its not a good topic of discussion too.

14. alli

alli The Best Ever

india alone has the capability to be a super-power. true.

but theres nothing wrong if pakistan is a part of it also.

i wonder whos keeping "bad and pathetic attitude" now

true. - no good place to discuss india-pak relations coz half the ppl. (*ahem) prob. just might post stuff just for the heck of it. and it does get very emotional.

i suggest u shut this completely.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.