India v/s Pakistan v/s Bangladesh

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by ronnieanand, Feb 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

reminds me of a sentence in our 7th Standard civics book.

"India is a rich country with poor people"

2. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Hey. How about Pakistanis / Bangladeshis here. What do you guys feel. I guess I have to post only in Pak Tabs forum to catch them.

3. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

4. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Correct.

They never venture out of their Paki Guitar Tabs section.
    It's like the whole world to them.

You know that story about a frog in a well.

5. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

6. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

nah he is a half brit now :p:

anyway, I was just trying to say that most Pakis might feel the same...

my bad....shud have entered the full thing

7. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

:RollLol:

No other reaction from me. I have alredy spoken on this.

8. Woh there steady on guys.

One minute you are trying to unify the Indian race (India Pakistan and Bangladesh)
    Next minute you start making digs at pakis.

Therein lies the crux of the problem.
    No matter how good our intentions are we all fall prey to prejudism at one time or another.

So much has already been said and most of it very commendable but we have to be realistic as well. There are far too many ignorant, corrupt and selfish people out there for unity to succeed.

That is not to say I do not wish for this to happen infact I dream of one world without nations or boundaries (Islam forbids nationalism and even barriers amongst nations)
    But I know under the present world order that is impossible.

What we need to do first is change the thinking of people to accept the differences between us and live in a harmonious secular society.
    This can only be brought about by a Cultural Revolution and re-education on a global level.
    It may take several generations but really that is the only way if man is to survive without being hoodwinked into killing each other by the evil ba*~# teds who obviously have their own ulterior motives and use the differences between us.

the_wizard likes this.
  9. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

^^ What about expolitation by religious leaders?
    And exploitation + misleading on religious grounds?

How can you curb that?

10. If any one religious leader says you must kill another person because they are different from you is not following his religion.
    No religion on earth advocates this and we must not be fooled by it and particularly by the media who may portay that this is what the relious leader is saying when it is not.

An example - Irans president said Israel should be 'Wiped off the face of the wolrd map'
    Meaning Israel as a state should not because it has been stolen from the Palestinians.

He did not mean that all Jews should be slaughtered as the media in the west are spinning it.
    What you must understand there is a lot of propoganda going on and this is pure demonisation of a race so when the war begins people will not care when thousands maybe millions of Iranians are then slaughtered.
    We heard and read a lot about Iraq but it all turned out to be lies so don't be fooled again.

I am quite surprised at the naievity of some asians especially as we have been victims of the west ourselfs.

11. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Just highlights the militant nature of Muslims.
    Any Indian can say the same for the neighboring countries.
    All was India.

It was divided. Diff countries were carved out of it.
    But none of the Indians EVER say such a foolish thing as the President of Iran (OMG! he is no different from Bush) said.

12. Well I am not going to get into an argument.
    It is no point trying to convince some people who have thier personal prejudices. No amount of argument will change thier minds.
    As the saying goes.
    'There are none so blind as those who do not wish to see'

This was a good thread about bringing people together and that is why I contributed.
    I don't waste time with people who sterotype and see everything as black and white.

Life is incredibly complex and one should consider all factors before casting judgement.

13. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Well said. However, don't you think you have quite a few prejudices of your own?

Not trying to be aggressive here...genuinely curious. I'm not going to hurl mud or anything since I seriously believe that I am far too prejudiced to be a part of any argument about religion with someone so much older than I am.

15. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

You know what I meant. Seriously.

16. Don't be afraid, enlighten me.
    I promise you I will not be offended from some one as young as you.

17. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

From what I see, you never seem to leave any room for chance in any of your arguments....everything is a well-planned conspiracy aimed at undermining our harmony and you smile and shake your head as if you know better if anyone suggests otherwise.

While I'm not saying that it's impossible that this is the case, is there no way that this might not be the case with some of the issues you raise?

A lot of what we discuss here is little more than pure speculation and while it is quite possible to build up a strong case with what we say(as you often do), it is also, in my opinion, foolish not to acknowledge that we could be wrong.

18. I actually love to read the opinions of you guys and it is great to see such intelligence (excuse me for thinking Indians are generally more intelligent)

You are quite discerning in your observation and I admit i do act a bit like a school teacher at times.

I read this thread from the day it started and was quite content in just reading the comments as the points were all very good.
    Like a school teacher I interuppted when it started to stray into what i thought was the opposite direction.

Thank you for reminding me not to be so pompous.

19. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Waleed, if you were in India, you might have realised the truth and accuracy in my statements.

Besides, I have an uncontrollable hatered towards those ppl who feel that their Race, Govt, Religion are not flawed.
    I hope you are not one of those.

Anyway I wont rant here anymore.

20. ahr

ahr New Member

hello i just read the thread....and i agree with every1....but the pple ever forget what the hell pakistan did in 1952 and 1971??...in 1971 they killed millions of ppl of Bangladesh...and what about kashmir?...we'll say reunite but what bout these facts....?...well u all may say past is past....but can u ensure me it'll not happend on the future...?....im so sorry for what im saying...my appology to all of u.....:eek::

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.