India cricket fans seek World Cup results on astrology site

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by lord_neo, Mar 17, 2007.

1. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

Cricket-crazy India is looking skywards to discover if their players are shaping up to bring home the World Cup after the April 28 final.

A popular Indian astrology Web site, ganeshaspeaks.com, is offering in-depth details on planetary positions on match days and the changing biorhythm circles of each player.

The Web site is named after the elephant-headed Hindu God, Lord Ganesha.

The cricket-frenzy in the country, home to around 1.1 billion people, has been fuelled by a multitude of television channels and media houses who are tracking the action minute by minute.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/oddlyEnoughNews/idUKBOM33719220070314

2. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

Hah! Meow is back with his threads! We missed you, dont ever leave us.
    On the thread's note, wth is wrong with people?

3. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I really don't see what the fuss is about. If you can consult the stars to find out about wedding matches, I'd think cricket matches are small fry.

4. d_ist_urb_ed

People are stupid about that too....

5. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Sweeping statements are the difference between you and I :-*

6. shak

shak Harrr!

hmm .. .so how does this astrology thing works? i see all sorts of pie charts, sine waves, histograms and block diagrams (well they are sorta block diagrams) on this website ..

does this field really works on mathematical/scientific principles or its just an attempt to assign some credibility to their work?

i dont know anything about this .. anyone here got any information? thanks.

@topic: baaah ... would they stop watching cricket if the 'astro man' says 'no donut'?

7. d_ist_urb_ed

Apparently they use complex math and astronomy to figure it out. My aunt's friend's dad used to do that and try and predict lottery numbers. They used to be close with one or two numbers off. I was like mmkay, in a lottery if you have one or two numbers off it's not exactly going to be clear if that was coincidence or your technique succeeding. And even if the latter was affirmed you're still fcuked cause you aint gonna win the jackpot anyways. I think the whole thing shouldnt just be written off without further study, but should be taken with a grain of salt nonetheless.

8. shak

shak Harrr!

^^ hmmm .... yes and people have been studying this for years and years .. must be something thats keeping the interest alive ... and should be quite polished I expect.

off to wiki i think .. thanks dist.

and yeah .. i just remembered, we had an 'astroguru' here at IGT as well .. wish he was around ..

9. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

^^yea.........he added me on yahoo, cause i wanted to know abt palmistry..............now that stuff can be accurate at times.

10. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

hey shak, werent u a forum leader?

11. shak

shak Harrr!

i still am .. but now we've got a mod over there so i am on vacations these days ..

12. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Mental as astroguru was, he had quite a following on orkut related to astrology. Hit him up there.

13. shak

shak Harrr!

14. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

did the site forsee us gettn pwned by bangladesh?