Improvisation :: Staccato

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by bjr, Aug 25, 2006.

1. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Again experimental....I didn't have a lot of time so made it a one-minute thing.

I was trying to see if I could put artificial harmonics to decent use initially. I multi-tracked the harmonics to get a nice weird-ish harmony :)

Well, comments of any sort are appreciated.

www.soundclick.com/bonjovirules

Click on Spanish Savannah

vini likes this.
  2. good one bjr..after a long time....that was really good...

3. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Thanks man...corrections will be welcome though.

4. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

good stuff..
    i cant really find a flaw..

btw, i got what bjr means...BonJoviRules:grin:

5. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

All notes are artificial harmonic?:shock:
    They didnt sound so.
    :p:
    This one sounded much like lounge-jazz music.

6. ansh ... i dont think so..its a combination of three different names..

7. vini

vini Repeat Offender

grooovy babayyy <<austin style>>
    though a lil "oht" sort for me..reps!

bjr=bonjovirules? :shock: :shock:
    *disappointed*

8. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

psh, you know what I meant! wotta n00b!

So is this a good thing or a bad thing?

ansh, you don't really have to find technical flaws or anything....just anything that comes to mind.

as for the bjr question...dont you think the Soundtrack bjr is different from the Chit Chat Lounge bjr and the orkut bjr?

vini: thanks a lot, girl...and your disappointment is unfounded. Don't you believe the lies.

9. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Have you ever been to the guitarmanna website?

10. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

there is one different bjr for every occasion..
    but i like bjr with rosy cheeks<3

11. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

:nw: :nw: :nw:
    kobe je tangra ashbi!!!!

12. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

haha :)

Have you seen the sunflower gardens complex coming up? Building no. 3. Come up and see me sometime.

13. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

Wot Sunflower garden?? :think:
    U mean "Brindaban Garden"??

14. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

er, let's not discuss this here right now.

So...recording. Comments please.

15. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

Peachy!

I couldn't get my attention off the rhythm .. Tis Cool ..

n the part from 0:24 - 0:34 .. Ahhh .. Maza aa gaya :)

also the bass like slide which comes at instances is well thought of ..

Negatives: nothing really, I enjoyed .. felt at one place (0:35-39) you just played notes rather than melody but it is minimal ..

I've been away from this forum since LONG now .. hoping to contribute to it ..

and regarding the bjr in different forums .. dude you suffer from Dissociative identity disorder :shock:

16. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Thanks a lot. The rythm is a Dm/G7 progression...sounds really cool. The 35-39 second part was what I thought to be a connector between the two parts....the first being rather Indian-ish (though that wasn't intentional really...just the slides sounded a lot like a shehnai thing) and the rock-blues part. I didn't really want to go straight from one into another so I put that there. psh, I guess I just suck at connectors.

As for the multiple ID thing...I have already let slip enough for you to draw any conclusion you want to (you meaning you in general terms and not notty lad)

17. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

Traces of CC lounge bjr showin are they ? .. :)

Which guitar do you have by the way ?

18. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I have 3. A cheap 500 ruppee acoustic that isn't mine....this guitar is actually bad. I don't think I've used this term for any other guitar.

Another is a Granada Classical. It's pretty okay...the best I could get in my budget probably. Some people asked me to go for a Hobner but somehow I'm rather pleased with this guitar.

A cheap custom made Les-Paul copy with crappy Indian pickups. This is the one I used for this particular recording. It's quite okay for the price I got it for.....about rs. 4000. It's got a nice fretboard.

As for the bjr crack, I did kind of think that my remark was most unlike CC Lounge posts.

Anyway, back to recording...comments, yay.

19. slipknot_555

slipknot_555 RuHH..

thoug itz not mah genre... but it was a typical jazz tune....could have been for improvisations..but thn 2 this aint bad.i enjoyed listnin to it..
    P.S- y dont u sell ur music to any game dealer or jazz clubs :think: :cool: :p: :nw: :rock: ;) heheh

20. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

nah, it wasn't really jazz. Just not your stereotype rock music, I suppose. I guess I'd be pleased if that were true.

thanks