Ilaya Nila from Payanangal Mudivathillai (Tamil)

Discussion in 'Tamil Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by ananth222, Aug 11, 2004.

1. sant(h)ana(m)

sant(h)ana(m) New Member

Great Job Ananth !

Hi Ananth,

I must really congratulate you. I am not a great student of music nor do I have any musical understanding. But I am decent enough with a guitar and have often wanted to play that icon of indian guitar interludes..ilaya nila....and I have searched many many times for 2/3 years for tabs and have often wondered why no one has taken the trouble of tabbing it...

Finally, I have found great tabs for a great piece...congrats and thanks !

2. caleb_kelvin

caleb_kelvin New Member

thanks everyone!

i think i've finally gotten the hang of the song...after all these years!

:rockon:

3. GuitarSlinger

GuitarSlinger New Member

Ilamayenum Poongatru

Hey guys does anybody out there have chords to the evergreen hit "Ilayameyenum poongatru" If yes kindly send it to hunk_in_town@yahoo.com. Thanks in advance.

Happy strummin !!!

4. Satch Syndrome

Satch Syndrome New Member

Welcome

Hi guys, just registerd. was looking for tamil tabs and finally got to this one.

5. arunrx

arunrx Banned

Good work Ananth. The tab format you submitted is the BEST one I ever seen so far. How do u create the tab structure, do u use any software?

And keep posting if you know for other Ilayaraja songs.

6. gilroy

gilroy New Member

TAMIL guitar tabs/chords

Thanks a million guys. After 13 years of gap, I bought an electric guitar and wanted to get 'Ilaya Nila' song tabs/chords and finaly I got them from you. I want to be back on music track and want to teach my daughter too.
    Ananth, please keep up your good work and I will post any tamil notes what ever I can.
    Thank you.
    Rgds,
    Gilroy.

7. dj_boy

dj_boy New Member

YO people

Wassssup people, i am new here. Yeah i love the song ilaya Nila i can play all the solos. So i Thank And Salute Ananth who posted it on Wholenote very good effort.Thanks mate.

8. simran

simran New Member

ananth22 , that was a very nice one :) i'm new here guys , help me out! How to play it fast like the original?

9. vesha

vesha New Member

hi

hi im here, its me, look right in the back, there are tamils on this site,

but obviously im not smart enough to share any chords with u and i have requested but no one has replied . do u have any guitar chords for songs from chandramuki or any other famous songs like yenge anthe venilla, ive been asking but no one has been reponding...pleaseeeeeeeee help

10. j_necromancer

j_necromancer New Member

do u have the chords for the song???

11. j_necromancer

j_necromancer New Member

i'm sorry i did not see the chords

12. srid

srid New Member

Ilaya Nila

The tabs are good.

I tried it this way.

It runs on Cm and Bb until the 3rd line,then from Vizha Kanume,it is Eb G#Fm and G#GCm in rapid succession.

Will be more clear next time!!this is my forst post.came across this site recently

13. rajesh_puru

rajesh_puru New Member

the interlude sounds great..i am practising the first now and it has really come out well..thansk ananth for the notes.

14. jozko

jozko Banned

Ilayanila solos video / audio

Ilayanila solos video / audio on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKoKg-Yt4DM
    Based on ananth's lesson plz chk. More details there. zillion thx ananth for great lessons!!!

keywords - ilayanila ilaya nila Payanangal Mudivathillai mudivadillai mudivadilai mudivathilai ilayaraja ilaiyaraja illayaraja ilayaraaja illayaraaja illaiyaraaja ilaiyaraaja solo interlude RIFF guitar pieces

15. ksdil

ksdil New Member

Nice job Jozko.. thanks for givin us the link

16. jozko

jozko Banned

thx for watching ksdil! I hope there are lot of tamil song lovers here and a lot more will join. I like Tamil songs a lot esp genius ilaiyaraaja's and there is a lot of guitaring in most of them. :)

Thanks to ananth's again, I hope u put more lessons for all of us.

17. lprassanth

lprassanth New Member

@ ananth222

i'ld like to point out a subtle error in ur second pictorial post.(the -11-11-11.....) part.. in the last set of notes, the last but 2nd note is an open string not a 12th fret.

otherwise ur tabs r excellent !! gr8 work

18. jozko

jozko Banned

thx prassanth, you mean 12p11 part?? could you give more details? I was unable to find the wrong note, rgds

19. phands

phands New Member

Hello All!

I have a small band that does music from South Asia, Middle East, Hispanic-Latino countries and Africa.

I want to identify a dozen excellent Tamil songs for the band. Ilaya Nila qualifies. Maybe also KODAI KAALA KAAtre, panivizhum malarvanam, and
    un paarvaiyil oaraayiram kavithai, marugo (fast one) and poovizhi vaasalil...
    Do you know where I can get tabs for these? we have made up some tabs for some of them but really need to check with someone who knows.

Other song suggestions -- energetic, and lively or slow and intense.

You can hear our live performance minus bass and drums at www.zindagimusic.com

20. jozko

jozko Banned

Ho Phands, welcome to the forum.

Top stuff on your site!
    Most of the Ilayaraaja songs are v good

Tamil frnds here can contribute more to your list. rgds