IITs, IIMs open doors to Pakistan

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by madhura, Apr 20, 2005.

1. madhura

madhura pani poori yum yum ....

2. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

thats very bad news.

usa has more good colleges/institutes than bright students - therefore it has systems like gre to attract students from abroad, to fill up their seats (& get a lot of research work done by the students at throw away stipend money).

india has more smart students than good institutes. we didn't need this move to attract students from abroad. instead we need 5 more IITs and 5 more IIMs.

when we account for all our bright kids - when indians will no longer have to go abroad to their ms and phd and mba.... we can think of attracting foreign students.

inducting foreign students now, ammounts to denying some more indians the chance to take advantage of the top institutes in their own country and thus forcing them to go abroad. thats another word for brain drain.

3. sanat_satan

sanat_satan New Member

this is so foolish............all students are already facing so much competetion.....this was totally uncalled for man!!! :mad: :mad: :cen: :cen:

4. Nayan

Nayan .:Humblebee Jumble:.

not good at all....

that would mean... probably 1000 people fighting for one seat in IIMA...

5. Mudit Malhotra

Mudit Malhotra BLOODY FINGERED

omg

u know guys THERE ARE 1,50,000 students who try each yr for iim and total no of seats are just 1100 CAN WE REALLY AFFORD some kinda reservations **** we cant
    if it happens thr will many more suicides and most probably i wud b one of them guys i got 98.7%ile this year and no bloody call from any IIM i dont know wat to do i m jus off to studies i m askin my dad to arrange some tkinda business for me or send me to aus or uk or somewhr outa INDIA

fed up with teachin system of India :cry1: :insane: :giveup:

6. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

never understood how doing MBA without any industry experience can be useful. and all that to work in the software service industry?? who one does menial development work mainly ins the servcies sector? is all the hardwork and competetion worth it?
    why not do farming instead of destroying all the farmlands and build shopping malls in their place??

7. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

as usual, - a very good suggestion!