IGT--Direct your own music video

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by the_wizard, Jan 18, 2006.

1. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

ok..heres how it goes

1. U have to pick up a song and make a video of it out of ur imagination

2. post the concept here along with the lyrics

Simple

It doesnt matter if the song already has a video.

2. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

Hard stuff to do :think:

3. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

hmm yeah...kinda hard but fun.

anyway, Ill post mine sometime later

4. abhijitnath

abhijitnath Fighting GAS frantically

Iron Maiden: Edge of Darkness
    Montages of Apocalypse Now interspersed with band shots. (I know..most unoriginal. BTW..funda is that the song's lyrics are dialogues from the movie)
    Eric Johnson:Cliffs of Dover
    Eric playing alone on the Cliffs of Dover in the twilight hours..shots of the sea from helicam...pensive shots of him sitting on the edge of the cliff during the slide solo.

5. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

hmm nice one..I liked the Cliffs of Dover one

here's mine

A Perfect Circle--Blue

Starts with the band performing in a gig, the cam moves away slowly then picks up a steady speed but doesnt actully go faster than the speed of the song. The cam moves out of the place where the band is gigging, moves up in the sky rapidly and comes to a halt at an airplane flying above.
    Then the camera moves beside the airplane to reveal the name of the brand "Oriental Airlines" (can be anything, but has to be a fictional airline company---who wants to pay the royalty money)...then the cam comes to a still like a photograph with the airplane in it amidst the clouds. The camera moves further away to reveal the full pic in a frame and slowly keps on moving till we come to know it is the office of the airlines...
    the camera moves thru the office and again moves out to reveal a snapshot of the office in the same way. We then come to know the pic is posted in a school with children playing the the adjacent playground....
    the cam moves there and concentrates on a small boy and again takes a snapshot to reveal the pic of the boy in a shelf by a chair in a certain home....

the above sequence contines till the end of the song....where we go into a particular room with the band playing in a TV...zoom in the TV and capture a snapshot of the band as the song ends....the snapshot this time is a poster of the band outside the gates of the venue where the band was initially playing...and the camera zooms out revealing the place which is empty now and slowly the screen fades to darkness

:)

what say?

Varshita likes this.
  6. vishwa_81us

vishwa_81us Banned

good thread wizzy..

ok my attempt...

song: Summer of 69..

Video:

It is noon.. very hot.. city is chennai... ppl are wearing lungis and banyans.. sitting in the road.. then Brayan comes with his guitar.. suddenly Jayalalitha comes.. starts dancing in the tune.. then all chennai starts dancing..

huh !!!1 howzz that..

aeg0 likes this.
  7. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

^^^^ :nw: :nw:

8. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

oye vishwa...ur a lot inspired by Foo Fighters and SOAD ka videos...

get JayLalita and co. to look young...then only it'll be summer of 69

9. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

whoa......a challenge....deffo will give it a shot..........
    gimme some time:grin:

10. sixstringsin

sixstringsin ||||||

:beer: real nice one!!

11. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

Thanks.....post urs too

12. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

This Should rather be BUMMER OF 69 !

13. sixstringsin

sixstringsin ||||||

^ yea --just giving some finishing touchs n effects -- will post prob tomoro! ;)

14. tejas

tejas ..........

Reminds me of the thing that comes on Nickelodeon. Would look cool, but I doubt if it'd do the song justice, considering the mood of the song. But nice anyway.

15. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

yeah...considering the typical videos by APC it might not be appropriate for the mood of the song....but I wanted a video which flows with the rhythmic structure of the song hence chose this...

16. vishwa_81us

vishwa_81us Banned

One more try wizzy..

Song: Kaant Laga

Video:

all IGTian sitting in a room.. suddenly shefali zariwala comes in.. with the Magazine and starts dancing.. Neo jumps out and starts dancing with her.. Vini shouts.. at all IGTians.. Stop it.. Suddenly Neo realises he not wearing his pants.. shefali starts laughing.. Then all of a sudden wizzy comes into the room.. with Neo's pants.. shouting.. " PANT MILAAAAA Hai Mila.. aaja raaja bangle ke peeche"

Oh good help me.. Neo doesn't see this post... :eek::

17. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

@vishwa :nw:

boss did u get fired or something??

Ok..heres another one from me.
    Since Tejas pointed out Nikelodeon so inspired by something frm there.

Song: Myxomatosis by Radiohead

Im not including Parabol (the first part of the song...from the original Video) this is just Parabola.
    Ok so planning to make a comic one again not in sync with the mood of the song but thats my trademark...all great directors have theirs :)

So this will be whole in a sort of Pencil Shading Animation. The band plays initially till the vocals start. In the initial sequence we have each member of the band playing (drawn as a pencil sketch...a rough one with paper turning as in a book) till the actual vocals start.

Then we see a hand with a pencil appear. The hand is a real hand no animated and draws a boy. It then draws a female. The drawn boy gets turned on and goes to kiss the female when the pencil draws a few aliens who kidnap the female. The boy is left kissing with his eyes closed in the sir until he finds out that it is nothing.

Then the pencil appears and draws a laboratory which the boy goes in to find the band members (in a cartoonish form working on something)...dressed as scientists. They are working on some space ship sort of vehicle. he clims in that with the band members and off they go.

welll the story continues in a similar sequence....and whenever our heros need somrthnig the pencil comes and draws....it also plays pranks with them like erasing the face of someone at a time....just the head remains later draws a female face and stuff...the dudes then reach the place on the planet where the abducted girl is kept....the guy goes inside with the band members watching is back in case any aliens come and finds that the female is sitting on a throne and people worshipping her...'

our hero claims her back and she agrees to come with him.....the reason they were worshiping her is that she looks like one of their godesses.....her pics are visible everywhere in the town....the aliens have one eye and three hands and legs each...but the godess was normal. they do not allow hr to go and then there is a fight sequence and out heros have to run for their lives with the girl

ultimately our heros come back to the shuttle they came in and try to start it when it doesnt.....they are in a hurry as the ETs are following them...so the pencil comes a final time....erases everything and creates an earth like surrounding there....meaning our heros have been rescued

they bid farewell to the band members and the guy and gal try kissing one last time when the pencil comes and erases the face of the gal and places a biker's (the bearded ones...riding harleys) face instead...

the end

18. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

^^thats interesting...

19. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

^^^thanks wen are u posting urs???

20. vishwa_81us

vishwa_81us Banned

u r really very creative wizzy.. i m going to sell ur idea.. and make some bucks.. ;)