IGT Contest Finale Discussion

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by lord_neo, Sep 12, 2006.

1. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

We are thinking of having IGT pick the iPod contest winners instead of the judges.

How about you guys voting for the song you like?

2. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

@ neo

WHY????

3. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

We think it would be better to get the community involved. Right now its only the contestants that are in the picture.

4. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

Very nice IDEA!!
    +1...

5. .:SpY_GaMe:.

ok but what abt those fake ids that those participants r going to create to make win

ie i can go to any cybercafe n create a new id with a completely different ip n vote for myself!:think:

i know that u want to include the whole community but it can be a corrupt cmpetition

moreover dude there is an ipod as winning price

when people can do so for reps which are virtual stuff what abt an ipod!!!???

give it another thought......
    :cool:

6. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

All votes from proxied ips and fake usernames will be discounted.

7. cumming soon

cumming soon Banned

a suggestion, why not allow the ppl with certain no of posts to vote.that would keep the fakes out or err t could make them work harder

8. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

^ Nice idea, we can work on that.

9. Morbid_Angel

Morbid_Angel Sid the sloth

u already understandin how to be a mod. ;) ;)

On topic :- Well i wud surely love to vote for my favourite songs. Its a very cool idea..and u cud keep post limits or somethn for each voter like the 18 age limit :|
    I would suggest Minimum post 200.

10. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

200 is a little over the top, i feel.

11. Morbid_Angel

Ah well..i just thought some experienced IGTians shudve been allowed to post..but its ok.

12. .:SpY_GaMe:.

yep even fatima has 82 posts so i guess we can keep that on 75 posts and above???:think:

13. cumming soon

cumming soon Banned

i feel there should not be age limit as long as one has somethin to do with guitaring or shall i say music
    @arnold u r suggestin a case against yourself. think bout the hard long 5 years before u ll be eligible to vote

14. Morbid_Angel

lol cummin soon i never said anythn bout age limit..i just meant an example.

15. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

Cool, always wanted to be a judge.

Ask the participants too, if they want themselves to be judged by us.

16. shak

shak Harrr!

^ i am proud of ya son!

neo dont you think public judgement would be influenced by personal grudges, friendship-sakes, personal connections, previous experiences, relationships and general gossips?
    i would say .. do go for the public opinion .. thats always nice and democratic .. but slip in a clause (like every good supervisor) that xyz or group of xyz's will have un-contestable final say

17. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

Public judgement might be but not us :dance:

18. akkyy21

akkyy21 #%@!$&

Not a good idea, believe me ur just messing it up.

19. .:SpY_GaMe:.

if u go for public voting plzzzz dont forget to add multiple voting (5 out of 20 available) n also anonymous and as shak say the public judgement may form only 50% of the points to be allocated to the participants the other 50 will be by the adminis.....

well its just a suggestion.....

20. slipknot_555

slipknot_555 RuHH..

urgg..nah lord neo... i guess the judges v had for da first round r perfect wid music sense n etc...dont make it indian idol type yaar...