if while performing on stage breaks d guitar string

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by manoj2103, Jan 21, 2007.

1. manoj2103

manoj2103 New Member

hey pals .,.,
    jus wanted to know wat shld 1 do if while performing on stage breaks d guitar string..........
    my self had d same stitution but was jus at school level so i how ever managed it vit my frdz guitar but wat if i was on a bigger stage???

2. born2tab

born2tab rhythm guitarist

then break the guitar itself on stage as Def lepard does..ppl will think that its a big showoff and then the show is off:p:
    So u need not cut a soory figure...hehe..jus kidding...

i too faced such a situation when i was performing in wipro with ma Ibanez but then ma basist took to a solo tune while i changed to ma back up hobner..its always there to rescue me:cool:

3. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

break the guitar

the public will get "wilder" :grin: making u a hero

never experienced such prob

4. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I snapped my high E in between the Comfotably Numb solo. I just played on and pretended that the high E was never what I intended to play. It works though you tend to have to improvise certain parts.

It's always good to have a spare set so you can change in between songs.

5. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

my worst nightmare

6. abhimanjrekar

abhimanjrekar ----> Zhol-Man<----

backup guitar is always the best option..........

7. shak

shak Harrr!

depends what strings you need and what you are playing ..

chords sound ok even if you are missing a string or two ... or you can just play alternate chords.

if playing solo, you can always capo the 5th, lose low E-lose 5 frets, but still can finish the solo.

backup guitars, spare strings are all good measures but not many people can afford the luxury of backup guitar and changing strings takes time (not a quick fix if you are in middle of a song)

8. ajitmat_24

ajitmat_24 New Member

This has happend to me in school level just like u. But unlike u I didn't had friend to give me a guitar. Well when that happened i played leads of the songs as there was another guitarist to play da chords. But before u play the lead just increase the volume of the guitar and make sure u know the song well

9. born2tab

born2tab rhythm guitarist

^^^
    increase the volume:annoyed:
    pagal ho gaya hai kya???

Its music man..its not shouting:p:

10. manoj2103

manoj2103 New Member

thnx 4 all ur quick responce .,..,
    but wat if m d lead guitarist and other frd on guitar is useless vithout me .,,.,.
    wat shuld i do.,.,stop instead of spoiling d song or let my frdz do d job in der way .,.,.???

11. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

I have teh solution..............Use double neck guitars:p:
    If u still fear, then use four neck guitar ...Only prob iz that u have to call MAB to teach u how to play it :RollLol: :p:

12. manoj2103

manoj2103 New Member

gud 1 yar i really liked it ....,.,.
    but y mab to teach ..,...,.,.,
    i hav exprence so y only 4 neck if v hav d x factor even 40 is possible ,.,,

13. rjm12

rjm12 New Member

what my band guitarists used to was get a new pair of strings b4 a show or comp..and still if god wants more..give it hard on the floor..break it if you can afford..or if it's your school's guitar....