If U Hate Remixes.. Form A Band

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by kippsh, Aug 31, 2005.

1. vivo_b

vivo_b The Brave

This thread seems to have trailed off....but I have a suggestion for the band-starting....and maybe even just to play around with.....now that I think abt it if more of ya'll like the idea I'll start a seperate thread!!!! Anyways heres the idea:

1. Download Cakewalk or similar recording softwares(I'm sure ya'll know abt certain t0rr3nt sites).
    2. Record a guitar piece.....like a solo lead or strumming.....acoustic/electric, effects/pure doesn't matter. Once you have recorded something upload it.
    3. Ask for IGTians to add layers to the recorded bit. Like for example if I record me strumming A B C D......then someone can layer over my recording a suitable lead for the same.

Let me know how this sounds.....we can even publish a IGT album!!!!

2. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

listen man..

u dont really classify film music part of the "music industry"
    if u know what i mean.

but in india ..since the music industry is not all that great..yea..bollywood music is taken as a part of the music industry.

but apart from that..how many albums of artistes do u think ppl buy.
    u can count the artistes in ur fingertips.compared to the number of party remixes,dj remixes,remixed film songs.

3. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

well...dude..i think the idea has been played around a bit i think earlier.
    the idea u suggested is more abt collabratin on the net..since i doubt many ppl actually stay where u live.heheh.
    yea..post ur idea in indian rock section or music talk where u will be taken more seriously.

4. akkyy21

akkyy21 #%@!$&

@ nemo n the guy who started the thread - Its good to be inspired to start off with the band, doesnt really matter what are u inspired from unless your intention is to create good and original music. I completely root for original indian music. On this take, am totally with u guys, though just talkin n posting stuff aint gonna help, take action.

About the remixes goin hit in the Indian music industry, its very simple fact. People like whatever feels good to their ears and since these old hit numbers are targetted to be remixed, the feel-good part is already done off with, all whats left is to add some beats n crap to it.
    As SRK said, where ther's demand, there's supply. But at the same time, think about the kind of options offered to the masses. From so few a options, obviously ppl go for whatever they can get. The music directors or creators are here to blame n not the public. They opt for a easy option of pickin up old song, mix-masal'ing it n putting it forth. No hard work, No real talent, nuthin, just crap.

@ dharmatma - not everything has to be made fun of,....

WAY to go Nemo n guy,.... hope u guys materialize into sumthin.

5. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

where is the band after 32 replies...

this thread is loosing its track..

6. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

@akky--if its posted in the chit chat lounge..everythings made fun off.

7. kippsh

kippsh New Member

dharmatma ... grow up dude...!!!!

8. jal_babe

jal_babe im a SEDUCER

holy crap people, leave the girl alone, if she wants to form a band let her,,,she wants tto interact...........ha ha ha :grin:

9. shak

shak Harrr!

Oii language! dharmatma
    and you nemo ..stop teasing him ...
    and you canadian ..what girl you talking about?
    akky ... nice points mate ... take old song ..put masala ...and release that ... sad ..it has become a routine these days/

10. cYpHeR

cYpHeR Banned

its da current crop of bollywood music (wid a few exceptions of course) dat sucks....and da remixes...there are still some ppl tryin to make decent and original music....

11. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Bass-tard Child

Its great to see people motivated enough to do something they love...mass respect to ya bro! Good luck with it and if anything works out be sure to post your material on the boards.

In the process do expand your musical taste...influences from many different styles can turn out into something great, in contrast to something inluenced by just one style...could turn out into some quite monotonous and dull.

good luck!

12. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

whatever.

@kippish---lets listen to some of ur stuff.plz post links to ur recordings..or record them and post them..now uve really gotten me curious..or form a band and post sometime..

everyone has that kind of enthusiasm...for like 2 days..but its difficult to actually do somethin abt it..this kind of thread has been done quite a lot of times out here.
    but no one...and i mean NO ONE.has posted any of their stuff.
    u love music fine..

half the ppl who want to learn and post in the beginners forums never even reply after their first post.lets hope u are not one of those ppl.

sorry if i ruined ur ruined ur thread..i get carried away at times..if someone just comes on to me that way..

@nemo---come out of the chit chat lounge..and browse the beginners,gear,music talk..and then compare my post to urs.
    the chit chat lounge is never taken seriously.

yea..and the mod who deleted my abuse filled posts..hahahhaah..good job.

13. akkyy21

akkyy21 #%@!$&

That's what i was talkin abt, take some ACTION ppl, dont just post around here for the sake of it.

14. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Bass-tard Child

nicely put jared!

15. aysh

aysh -|h3 ori9in4| (ui!aris-|-

mate first of all i didnt come on to u .. u tried to stick ur nose..
    and ive seen so many of ur posts in various threads .. all u try to prove is that ure the best clown in business ..
    the newbie probably didnt know the ways of this forum thats why he posted it in CC lounge .. and even if he does .. doesnt mean uve to trash it ..

@akky agree dude , it has to move beyond only talk .. but atleast u can see ppl r interested

16. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

again whatever.

i tried to stick my nose where??u were really offended by my post..hahah..which wasnt even directed at u..
    hehehehe..o man..seriously..look around in the other forums..

o well..looks like someone has to make which one is better western or eastern toilet thread again..hahahahahahahha..

now..its time to practice some new arps.
    alvida..and ill try not to get lured into another forum fight..hehehe.
    man..battle of wits forum fights can be a little lame sometimes..no doubt fun.

and yea..ive already directed a post to kipsh..in the thread now..
    hopefully he posts some stuff of his..and only then he gains any respect from my side.
    till then ...STFU.

i respect everyone postin their stuff and havin the guts to show their stuff in the indian rock forums..ive posted a few before...ill try and post a clip shoecasin the new showmasters tone...and even though i think some clips out there bad..i appreciate the hard work behind it.
    lets hear some stuff from u nemo.

17. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

@ dharmji .... totally right
    man u rule !! !!!!

18. kippsh

kippsh New Member

hey dharam,
    me dont wanna prove u or somebody ... its ur life ... these r ur points of view... and thats what uve chosen for urself...
    re. my recordings .. dont worry dude whole world will listen to those.. once i am satisfied with my stuff... if at all someday ill be ..!!!

scary .. re. expanding musical taste .. pt bhimsen joshi still rocks ... if anybody stands out and agree with me ....!!!

19. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

u dont have to prove anythin to me.
    when u DO finish ur songs..and record them..
    let IGT members be the first ones to know abt it,and listen to it.
    i dont care if it take s one day or 15 years or..ok u get the point..heheheh.
    im gonna be on the boards till im alive..

peace man.good luck.

20. akkyy21

akkyy21 #%@!$&

Now only if u could have said this in yr first post here,..........